ForumsSupport ForumThe impossible-done!

23 4251
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Everyone complains that we can't give AP to good gamers because of hackers would cheat and steal the AP, but what if that wasn't an issue,hmm?
My idea-Each day hundreds of videos are uploaded to a server but only 10 random games and 10 scores are actually reviewed by mods. The highest score in the most difficult game gets unique award, and 10 AP. Featured games would be listed on the homepage. How about this would be a little complicated but a lot of fun, and all types of players can win.

• 23 Replies
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Of course the scores would be completely random they'd have to be over a certain amount to qualify for random selection.

BumplemuffinBaker
BumplemuffinBaker
331 posts
Nomad

hmmmm.... thst would be,well, I don't know, I'm not quite sure...

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

whats wrong with it? The only problem is if staff were biased which I trust their not.

ALUKARD1
ALUKARD1
786 posts
Nomad

I see what you mean, it sounds god to me.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

It sounds alright, and I like how you thought the whole thing out. But this sounds like a lot of extra work for the mods, and why do we need more ways to get AP? The current system is fine.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

Not a bad idea, talk to a admin about it.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

I still don't think it would work...

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

It sounds alright, and I like how you thought the whole thing out. But this sounds like a lot of extra work for the mods, and why do we need more ways to get AP? The current system is fine.

This would be more fun and give something back to people who actually play games here.
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

I still don't think it would work.

please say why, in addition to the AP you also may get award for rare achievement,like lets say I died at the last boss in the sonny, I'd get a sonny award called "almost perfect"
Ninjacube
Ninjacube
585 posts
Nomad

If it were random, then some average joe who submitted his score and was ranked 10000000000000000000 could win. No skill or effort involved. Not worth it.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I don't really get what you are saying...

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

If it were random, then some average joe who submitted his score and was ranked 10000000000000000000 could win. No skill or effort involved. Not worth it.

Lol think about what your saying, if the average joes doesn't win then only people are good gamers win, it would be the same people over and over and yes skilled in involved you'd need to get to a certain perimeter.
I don't really get what you are saying...

Be more specific please.
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Think of how many videos the mods would happen to watch. Would you like to have to go through over 100 5-minute videos or even 20 5-minute videos?

This would take an INCREDIBLE amount of work. I don't think this is worth it.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Think of how many videos the mods would happen to watch. Would you like to have to go through over 100 5-minute videos or even 20 5-minute videos?

This would take an INCREDIBLE amount of work. I don't think this is worth it.

Heh, that would be a problem but fact is that would only have watch one video out of each of the 10 games which would chosen at random over a certain score limit. The mods would then pick out something particularly unusual and give the member a award based on whatever they did. Still think its too much work?
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

if the average joes doesn't win then only people are good gamers win, it would be the same people over and over

Exactly. Shouldn't this be a reward for good gamers, not just AP being given out to random people? The idea is okay, the random part is not.
Showing 1-15 of 23