kevin8ye

kevin8ye

514 posts

but its kinda weird with a pig head

Posted Mar 18, '12 at 10:05am

daleks

daleks

3,256 posts

And then what to do with the background...

It is a character sketch. You don't need a background, but a field would be nice. Seeing how she is a horse.

Wonder what colour the wheels should be.

No idea. Just don't make them clash with the rest of the drawing and you will be fine.

Posted Mar 18, '12 at 10:10am

goumas13

goumas13

4,487 posts

For some reason, she looks sunburned.:)
Anyhow, it looks great as always! Also, ehm, does she have a tattoo? Or am I mistaken?

I am definitely looking forward to seeing the final product.

Posted Mar 18, '12 at 6:35pm

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

but its kinda weird with a pig head

I am heartbroken

Posted Mar 18, '12 at 7:12pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

For the tattoo, draw it in a different file and then copypaste it over on top. It works better than having to draw it out in the drawing itself, and it is easier to adjust and correct.
Also, might as well mention the wheels here as well:
Either got for a flame pattern or at least flame colours, or make them a brighter purple than her corset. Something like this, this or this, depending on what looks best (I haven't checked on file, I probably should...).
A neon type purple/pink might work out as well, if you keep the core a darker, more solid purple, and then let it fade into the neon.

Anyway.

Posted Mar 18, '12 at 7:17pm

Schmiddy1234

Schmiddy1234

887 posts

To Cen and Strop:
u guys are very talented drawers and i congradulate u on that :D

Posted Mar 21, '12 at 9:12am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Thanks schmiddy.

Refresh your browser people, the image at the top has been slightly corrected. That is to say, I couldn't stand the horribly warped perspective of Crimson's head any longer. The ears weren't in line with the eyes, which weren't in line with the nose, which wasn't in line with the cheeks... needless to say it was looking too cubist so I fixed it lol. Also added detail on the shades, the corset, the thong and the sash. It's gonna be a while before I finish the jacket, leathers and boots, oh god the boots!

Posted Mar 25, '12 at 3:24am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Because I'm taking my sweet time on this piece, I get to look into a whole bunch of features of the brushes at my disposal in SAI. I'm quite pleased with how the denim is turning out:

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb476/stropmd/crimsondetail.png

Not sure what I'll do when it comes to the leather though. I guess I'll just go for shiiiiiny!

Posted Mar 26, '12 at 4:54pm

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,180 posts

shiny leather= new leather or well oiled leather :P, mottled dull leather= worn and old

Posted Mar 29, '12 at 12:57am

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,082 posts

Now explain to me how that's a practical outfit.

Reply to Strop's sporadic scrapbook

You must be logged in to post a reply!