ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 731254
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

And why is this Strops temporary art journal?
He changed the original thread name to that... I'm not sure why, though. Because he haven't found a better name yet, mayhaps?

And Orlestat is an anthro peregrin falcon (MWT knowledge ftw).

Is that an insult :P
Actually I think it was more to be understood as a compliment for Strop.
OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

I like it! SO very robotic! Completely hand drawn is commendable. Most people use computer programs for colour and shade.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

@OctoberSnow:
Most of the art Strop has posted in this thread is digital~ I'm not sure what you meant with your post, just thought I'd say it~

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Completely hand drawn is commendable. Most people use computer programs for colour and shade.

I know what October means!

Some artists will use various things like texture brushes, rendering filters and automated scripts for their effects. At the moment I'm using an ascetic approach, only using circular brushes (hence my going stir-crazy with the layers) without any filters whatsoever. Hence it is "completely hand drawn".

I wouldn't mind a texture brush though. And I don't know what robotic means in this context...
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Is that an insult :P

Yeah, sometimes a compliment can be misconstrued as an insult xD Like when somebody is so rapt about somebody else's work that they say "THERE IS LIEK NO WAI ANYBODY COULD DO BETTER EVAR!"

*stabs through heart* >:P

And why is this Strops temporary art journal?

Because I, uh...gee, that's a good question. I guess I only post things in here that don't fit in any of the other threads.
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Some artists will use various things like texture brushes, rendering filters and automated scripts for their effects. At the moment I'm using an ascetic approach, only using circular brushes (hence my going stir-crazy with the layers) without any filters whatsoever. Hence it is "completely hand drawn".
Oh.
I guess that's what I do too. 90% of the time.

And a random goodmorning to you, strawpony. :P
Because I, uh...gee, that's a good question. I guess I only post things in here that don't fit in any of the other threads.
Lawl.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I guess that's what I do too. 90% of the time.

Yep. Actually I wouldn't really know what you did the other 10% of the time. Smudge tool counts as hand-drawn, seeing as you could do the same with a piece of tissue (works better than a finger imo) :P
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

The last 10% is when I generate random images using different effects, patterns and skewing... Though, on a second thought, that's a lot less than 10%... Maybe 2-5%? But If you look back on my DA account you'll soon find examples...

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Okay, since I posted the WIP, here's the finished product. Problem is that it doesn't fit in here so CLICK THE LINK DARNIT!

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Okay, since I posted the WIP, here's the finished product. Problem is that it doesn't fit in here so CLICK THE LINK DARNIT!

Iz awesome =O
howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

These are really good drawings Strop I like 'em alot.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Heh, but give people a link and most probably won't click it. I thank those of you that did.

For all MWT participants...

You probably want to click on the preview image below for the full info.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/orlestatcharactersheet.jpg

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Yay for sheet!
I hope I get to draw him!

... Of course, I could just do so without having a particular reason...

....... Wingpit feathers! :P

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I hope I get to draw him!

You have my written permission to do so :P
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Woot~~