Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Strop's sporadic scrapbook

Posted Dec 30, '12 at 7:18am

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

Sand up the butthole sounds painful. Sounds like somebody got buried at the beach a little too deep, either that, or your friends play some very sadistic games!

On a similar note I may write a reflection on the nature of being single as one gets older. I've done the relationships thing for a while in the past but am currently not looking, nor do I see myself being "on the market" for a while yet (career and hobby priorities)... but I'm at that stage of my life where every mother I meet (especially patients) ask me if I'm married/engaged (to which I say "oh goodness me no lolololol").

she seems to have a pad on her heel which is fine, but it doesn't accurately reflect cat anatomy: Does this particular cat girl not walk upon her toes as cats usually do?

To be honest I skimped on that detail because my agenda was to be quick. I've run into enough trouble with figuring out where to put the pads (if any) because let's face it, digitigrade anthropomorphised (yay neologisms!) animal legs are a bit like sticking two gears that run in the same direction together. I don't know what would be accurate or most practical etc.

I find the direction of the deep and detailed discussions on how to reconcile these things a bit, well, not the way I'd choose to spend my time! Getting to that point (as I often do given my habitual observance of human surface anatomy) also means being prone to running in that uncanny valley that freaks people out, which is why I'm planning to use a cartoon style more in future. I'm aware this statement in itself is ambiguous, of course.

In this case I gave Amy human shaped feet (a la Oblivion khajiit, so she would walk with her heel too) but even so perhaps that pad ought to be removed from the heel. Not that it matters if I just make her wear shoes all the time like I intend to haha.

You do a very nice job of suggesting complexity without overburdening the page with fiddly little details as artists often do.

Thanks. I'd like to say it was education and practice that got me there but ultimately it was laziness.

Posted Jan 12, '13 at 7:26am

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

Here's a draft of something I'll work on a bit at a time for the next god knows how long.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/012/a/7/unhappy_new_years_by_stroppy_mchorseguy-d5r882f.png

As usual click on it because I know for sure the details are too small to see here.

And now I will definitely work on WoM...

Posted Jan 12, '13 at 7:51pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,566 posts

First time I've seen your art and I'm in awe of how good it looks.

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 7:21pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

As usual, I can't stop staring st Strip.

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 9:08pm

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,194 posts

Knight

Strop could do an anime series with this cast of misfits :P "The Daily Conundrums of Mchorseguy M.D."

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 10:43pm

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

Strop could do an anime series with this cast of misfits :P

If only you knew what a potential thing this might be.

The Daily Conundrums of Dr McHorseguy, however, is actually a separate series I'm mapping out, starting with The Glamorous Life of an Intern.

Posted Jan 15, '13 at 10:47pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,045 posts

The life of an intern is hardly glamorous..

Posted Jan 16, '13 at 12:25am

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

I would know, it's based on my own experience as a medical intern back in 2011. Hence the title is ironic. I like irony.

Posted Jan 17, '13 at 5:21pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,045 posts

Ladies and Lords, I present the most epic of epic drawings of Strop.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/blizzy1/image_zps60793c75.jpg

It's actually rather convenient. You use your ninja skills to kill people, then your doctor skills to heal them. Ideal, really.

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 9:35pm

light_chaser

light_chaser

659 posts

noooo!  that broke the chain of nobody but strop posting photos!!

Reply to Strop's sporadic scrapbook

You must be logged in to post a reply!