ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 731697
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

[Sarcastic comment]If you wouldn't have made the seperate drawing of the 32" inch waist polyester swim trunks who knows what I would've done with that picture. Not to mention the fact that he gets bronzed when sweaty.[/Sarcastic comment] :P

Anyways, according to the title, it says he is wearing gym shorts. My question is why would you wear gym shorts as opposed to swimming trunks at a beach. Which is where I presume he is, unless people play volleyball, sun tan, and sit under umbrellas at a gym.

<3 strop.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Because swimming trunks and board shorts have those annoying mesh webbings that make it impossible to move without serious chafing. WTF is up with those things anyway?

I don't like going into the water. If I went to the beach I would stay as dry as possible and assault peo- I mean do flips and tricks on the sand, hence I would wear just about anything that allowed me to move freely.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Then why go to a beach. YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE BEACH DOUCHES THAT DONT GO IN THE WATER! You are a shame to ninjas. Ninjas love the beach, cause they love water. Cause their only weakness, is being lit on fire. Which water can protect against. This is why ninjas love fighting on the beach.

You must commit.. SENPUKU!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

WTH dude, why else would ninja have those awesome shoes that allow then to glide over the water apart from having no intention of entering the water!!!!!!

You silly :P

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Remember, karate is a pacifist philosophy....
"The art of self-defense"

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

WTH dude, why else would ninja have those awesome shoes that allow then to glide over the water apart from having no intention of entering the water!!!!!!

Wrong, those shoes are to quickly and silently go across bodies of water. This was used in the dark ages by ninjas to stealthily cross moats and other things of the sort for assassination missions. Because swimming across would not be practical, because of water creatures(crocodiles) and it was very slow. Not to mention threading water while trying to assassinate someone is hard.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Wrong, those shoes are to quickly and silently go across bodies of water.

Which means they have no intention to enter the water, duh. Don't try to fallacious nullify my arguments with evidence that supports my argument :P

Remember, karate is a pacifist philosophy....

Who said we were talking about karate?

But to be more relevant to Strop...Strop is a pacifist and would never use his techniques except in self-defence.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Which means they have no intention to enter the water, duh. Don't try to fallacious nullify my arguments with evidence that supports my argument :P

No, I am saying it is not to enter water for a certain PURPOSE, not because they hate water, but because they need this to facilitate their jobs. In fact they love water. It rocks, and it stops fire.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Sorry for double post, I just hit the trigger on posting and forgot the rest of my post. :P

Strop is a pacifist and would never use his techniques except in self-defence.

Oh yeah? Then what about last night!
OOooOOooOOOOh sexual innuendo!
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

No, I am saying it is not to enter water for a certain PURPOSE, not because they hate water, but because they need this to facilitate their jobs. In fact they love water. It rocks, and it stops fire.

Nuts, I read back and saw where I slipped up, and to try to wriggle out of that would place me at risk of equivocating.

I shall therefore circumvent this oversight on my part by preemptively denouncing Klaushouse as the village idiot.

You may pelt him with tomatoes and shuriken. But please, no flames. Ninja are allergic to that also.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Alright, let's actually get some content back in here- here's the draft script to the first part of the MWT Round 6. This follows Strop's defeat at the hands of Sasquatch, Yeti and the fake banhammer of lightning.

---

Strop sinks to his knees, then his face and blacks out. He starts going through a hazy montage of bad memories.

Strop: I have been defeated. Am I still unable to face conflict? Am I still so weak? Is this ever the path to justice?

The memories continue until he recalls something that his mother kept saying to him- about how it was not in his nature to fight, and how he should direct his efforts elsewhere.

Strop: Maybe this is not the way. Not the way for me. I've been a fool, haven't I?

Just then a foot pokes Strop in the ribs. He looks up. Somebody is standing over him but since the sun is high in the sky, he cannot see who it is.

Strop: Huh...mum?

Kai: Cute, but no.

Kai looks even worse than Strop recalls, and sounds just as tired too. Strop is slightly flustered at the rather mistaken identity.

Strop: Oh, hi there.

Kai: You should get up, they will be here soon.

Strop: Who are they?

Strop sits up slowly, his limbs stiff and his joints cracking. Kai sways a little, but manages to keep upright, albeit barely.

Kai: People...monsters...

Strop: Hm, yes, are they coming for me now that I've lost?

Kai: They are coming...for everybody.

Strop seems unusually subdued, but given the turmoil his mind is in presently it is hardly surprising. He looks up at Kai, more alert now.

Strop: Gee, are you okay? You should probably rest you know.

Kai: I had stuff to do, like getting you up.

Strop: Oh...yeah...thanks I guess.

Strop hauls himself to his feet, now more acutely aware of the seeming urgency of the impending situation.

Strop: So, when are they coming?

Kai: Right about now, maybe.

Then the sun starts to drop, and the moon comes, and the cycle speeds up until day and night blurs by. The ruins start to fade, blowing into sand until all that is left is sand.

Strop looks alarmed at this very peculiar phenomenon.

Strop: What is this!?

Kai: Time.

Kai turns back towards the tower, now the lone structure standing in this endless desert that surrounds them. Strop stands, dazed and forlorn, hands held to his head in utter incomprehension. Then monsters, humanoid mutants rise out of the ground around him, just as one of the windows in the tower shatters and many characters pour out into the chaos. It is all too surreal for him to respond.

Strop: What can I do now?

MWT Round 6: To Dust Shall We Return

Several monsters surround Strop, closing in on him. One takes a swing, which Strop diffidently dodges. He sways out of the way of the next, and jumps over a sweep only to be collected by a giant fist. Winded, he rolls to a stop.

Strop: There's too many of them!

Strop sweeps sand up at the approaching monsters but this does not slow them. He is kicked in the ribs, and goes skidding along the sand until he lies flat on his back.

Strop: It's like last time...I couldn't move...but this time, I can't find the will...to go on.

The monsters loom over Strop. A long claw shoots out at Strop's chest, and he twists to the side, but not quickly enough. It goes through his shoulder, pinning him to the ground. Strop screams in agony. Unrelenting, the monsters prepare to strike again.

Strop: Would I die in a place like this? I guess I should have always known...death comes to us all.

Just then there is a flash of movement and the monsters fly back, replaced by another figure, who glowers down at him superciliously.

Strop: You again.

Orlestat: Don't think I'm helping you. There's just more fighting to be had here, since you're so hopeless.

Strop sits up, clutching his bleeding shoulder.

Strop: Is that so?

Another monster looms up behind Strop, who remains oblivious. Orlestat is forced to spring into action, leaping forward and shredding the monster in two.

Orlestat: Don't test my motives, when you need first test your own!

Strop: What if I'm unworthy myself?

Orlestat stops mid-strike. They seem to occupy some clearing for Orlestat has driven the monsters back. Orlestat stares at Strop.

Orlestat: This is not like you at all.

Strop: I just lost my match. It's over.

Orlestat: You fool. You lost, so what? Are you bound by the rules of this world?

Strop: But you were saying earlier...

Orlestat: It is not I who contradicted myself, but you. If you really have changed your mind, then you can die here.

Orlestat turns his back to Strop obstinately. The monsters are closing in once again. Strop takes out a bandage and starts wrapping it around his wounded arm- which has been rendered immobile, then he stands.

Strop: I guess I did want to get to the bottom of this, after all.

Orlestat: What folly. (Then his countenance changes) That's more like it.

The monsters approach once more. Strop and Orlestat stand back to back, Orlestat covering Strop's useless arm, ready to fight.

---

I don't intend to portray much more of Strop and Orlestat in action as there will be many other fights going on and this is peripheral to the match between Sasquatch etc. and Xzeno.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I shall therefore circumvent this oversight on my part by preemptively denouncing Klaushouse as the village idiot.

=0(

That's all I have to say. Real ninjas admit when they make mistakes. Then commit Senpuku. Or just eat ice cream. Either or rids the user of shame.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Real ninjas admit when they make mistakes

But I did

Ice cream would send me into a glucose spiral and raise my adiposity, both of which are unacceptable to a ninja, lol.

But if I commit seppuku you will all miss me so terribly D:
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

After more than a week absent from my own thread, I bring you-

A MAP OF ARMORGAMES OMG

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/agmap-1.jpg

(yeah, like I'd give you something you couldn't read- click on the image for the link! And if you post a reply telling me you can't read the map, I will lambast you for being unable to read at all, mkay?)

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

You did fullview right? The resolution is supposed to be 1280x960.

If you did fullview then hm...quite possibly the settings aren't right for you as I'm using an LCD laptop screen so the contrast might come up a bit different. That's the problem with computers these days. Screen types are so varied it's impossible to get any good bearing on colour fidelity.

Could you tell me exactly what the problem is so I can think of a "best fit" solution?

Showing 406-420 of 1567