Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Strop's sporadic scrapbook

Posted Sep 23, '08 at 8:45am

kingryan

kingryan

4,165 posts

You think it may have been handy if you had told me what program you use?

What type of computer you getting? Please don't tell me you are buying some DELL cheapy with Vista and 1 GB RAM ... WHICH DOESN'T WORK!

KingRyan

Posted Sep 23, '08 at 9:09am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

I dunno. This is my brother's b'day pressie to me and he tells me he put something "very special" on it.

He then told me he was in a "weird mood" when he did it so I am duly disturbed.

I use GIMP and Open Canvas currently. Will be looking to get into Flash.

Posted Sep 23, '08 at 9:45am

Zophia

Zophia

8,407 posts

@Pazx:
XD

@Strop:
Just took a look at the fullview of that rhino. You're right, the dental stuff is a lot less 'in the eye' on that. :) Evil resizing is evil!

Also... Do you have a ref of your ninjaponyselfthingy? *smiles hopefully holding the stylus ready*

Posted Sep 23, '08 at 12:11pm

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

*perks immensely*

Not yet (not a recent one) but I'm actually working on it. See, like, I haven't finalised most of the details as I was just being pretty random.

I'll get right to it, though! You'll get something all proper-like.

Posted Sep 23, '08 at 12:29pm

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Okay, here's another sketch of Strop being all ninja. I might actually do a follow-up pic, but the idea here was to eventually do a step-by-step tutorial of how one *might* break down the drawing process.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/stropnight.jpg

He's got that creepy Kakashi look going c.c

Posted Sep 23, '08 at 1:58pm

Owen135731

Owen135731

1,813 posts

nice picture, very detailed

Posted Sep 23, '08 at 2:38pm

Zophia

Zophia

8,407 posts

Ninjapony^^
I think it looks really great, though there seem to be some issues with the perspective below the knees? Or maybe it's just because you draw the thighs longer than I would on a horse~

I wants to draw! *has suddenly last track of the stylus, panicks* Where the fish did it go...

Posted Sep 23, '08 at 5:01pm

Pazx

Pazx

4,494 posts

on topic: woah... amazing. you seem to mainly draw stuff like fighters, intentional?

@kingryan

What do you mean by this? I do not understand!

unless I missunderstood you you said that stop should meet your sister and... er... I'm not going into any more detail there *hint hint* and I just assumed you're a super intelligent grasshopper (according to your armatar) and strop is a sword and shield emblem... who occasionaly replaces a sword with a pencil. Hurrah random art-ly-ness!

Posted Sep 23, '08 at 9:23pm

Skite

Skite

8 posts

You should so do a Chuck Norris tale, it would be epic. A lot of people think "Chuck Norris is too old now."  In reality, time doesn't affect Chuck, he just affects time to make himself look older. If he always looked the same, people would start to unravel his true power xD.

Nice on these to Strop, they are pretty good. I could tell some of the stuff you meant that need improvement, but don't get too down on yourself, it's still better than like, ummm, EVERYONE HERE EXCEPT MAYBE ZOPHIA!

Posted Sep 23, '08 at 9:28pm

Zophia

Zophia

8,407 posts

it's still better than like, ummm, EVERYONE HERE EXCEPT MAYBE ZOPHIA!

XD I seem to have made quite an impression on AG's art loving community. ^^

Btw Strop, I really love the blue colourscheme. It seems sort of crispy and tasty, you know, in the visual way. :)

Reply to Strop's sporadic scrapbook

You must be logged in to post a reply!