Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Strop's sporadic scrapbook

Posted Sep 24, '08 at 8:58am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Zophia said:

I think it looks really great, though there seem to be some issues with the perspective below the knees? Or maybe it's just because you draw the thighs longer than I would on a horse

Ohhhh yeah, hahahaha. That was a pretty big blooper.

I used to draw strop way too tall because I was combining the hindlegs of a horse and a human which probably adds a good foot. I have to find the happy medium sometime! Actually there was *one* pic where I did a good job, just have to find it...

Posted Sep 24, '08 at 10:34am

Zophia

Zophia

9,535 posts

I think the thighs and shins should be about the same length (with the shins being longer, if a difference is needed), and then the - foot part *vocabulary FAIL* long enough to get the right height. But it is pretty difficult to get digitigrade legs to look right.
But I hope you find that pic and show it to us~

Posted Sep 25, '08 at 9:26am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

I think the thighs and shins should be about the same length

From my years of studying anatomy as part of my medical degree, this does appear to be the case (it would be unusual for shins to be longer than thighs). My main issue is shortening all the parts of the legs so that the character doesn't end up being unrealistically tall as happened initially.

Truth is, I'd misplaced the crotch when I did the dirty sketch and when I shifted it, I forgot to move the knees accordingly. It's a mistake I sometimes make, but rarely do I leave it uncorrected.

Posted Sep 25, '08 at 9:34am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Actually guys, what I'm doing now is getting some practice on graphic novel type stuff. Since a lot of what I will be doing will require knowledge of this medium and I know a *few* things but haven't had that much putting them into practice, I'm going to need to start somewhere.

So on the side, I'm doing something totally unrelated:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/strugglerspilot01.jpg

You may have seen the 'karate bunny' in an earlier thread- well he's the main character of this little (okay, epic) story I'm writing for graphic-novel/webcomic type stuff. Since I just started using this tablet, I have a way to go before I settle in, but eh.

Posted Sep 25, '08 at 9:40am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

And another:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/strugglerspilot02.jpg

Yep, the protagonist has a big case of stage-fright. Maybe I'll draw some more pages and it will become apparent as to why. See if I can squeeze another out today.

Hey, maybe I'll end up posting the entire segment...but if this does happen to become a webcomic, I should probably get it hosted elsewhere.

Posted Sep 25, '08 at 10:20am

MJMinty

MJMinty

28 posts

I have to say that is awesome Strop I like ninja bunnies.

Posted Sep 25, '08 at 10:25am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Ninja bunnies?

You need to check out Lugaru then.

Posted Sep 25, '08 at 10:54am

Klaushouse

Klaushouse

2,959 posts

ROFL ROFL I TOTALLY KNOW LUGARUUUUUUU!!!!!

RRAAAWWRR!

My art is better though sorry strop

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/3232/ninjabunnytx9.png

Posted Sep 25, '08 at 12:29pm

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Omg, it's Sam and Max. Minus Sam. And Max has totally gone psychotic kamikaze.

BANZAIIIIIII!!!

p.s. lugaru was hot. Maybe the second lugaru will be even hotter.

Posted Sep 25, '08 at 12:34pm

MJMinty

MJMinty

28 posts

Lol that site is pretty cool Strop, thanks for showing it to me.

Reply to Strop's sporadic scrapbook

You must be logged in to post a reply!