Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Strop's sporadic scrapbook

Posted Sep 28, '08 at 6:54pm

Zophia

Zophia

8,407 posts

Ack, the quality of giftart I do has really dropped... But here it is. In Strop's thread because it's his ninjapojnyself.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Stropcopy.jpg

Posted Sep 28, '08 at 6:59pm

jpx111

jpx111

261 posts

Good job Zophia :D ... although the hands look wierd...

Posted Sep 28, '08 at 7:04pm

Zophia

Zophia

8,407 posts

Lol, just the hands?? It's just a quick (coloured) sketch. XD

Posted Sep 28, '08 at 7:26pm

jpx111

jpx111

261 posts

lol and the head i guess :P...but that's all that is messed up :D

Posted Sep 28, '08 at 9:24pm

Zophia

Zophia

8,407 posts

X) I think the clothes are off too, and I forgot to erase that thighline which can be seen through his tail~

And I just realized I managed to misspell pony. >.>

Posted Sep 28, '08 at 10:51pm

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

omg, that is totally awesome. Thank you so much zophia!

p.s. now it's your turn to draw the thighs too long bwahahahaha :P Nah, still epic. I love your style.

Posted Sep 28, '08 at 10:57pm

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

...come to think of it it's not the thighs that are too long, but maybe the body? Because I drew the clothes as a one-piece it can be a bit deceptive though.

p.p.s. ninjapojny lmao.

Okay, so I'm not spamming, I managed to finish page 5 last night. I've changed the style more towards what I'll be using in the actual cartoon, and I think I'll be using a larger resolution though you can tell me which you prefer by clicking on the picture and comparing.

Warning: There is one expletive that has been censored here (because it's on AG) but has not been censored in the larger version (becuase it's not on AG). If a single use of the S word offends you, don't click.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/strugglerspilot05censored.jpg

Frankly I love this page because I managed to put in so many levels of humor into it. And the linework is getting cleaner since I've been fiddling with the touch settings on the tablet. Now it's a matter of finding the right software.

Posted Sep 28, '08 at 11:00pm

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Argh, triplepost because I forgot...the downside of improving page quality is that instead of 2 hours, it takes me closer to 5, meaning I can't afford to update daily but maybe once every 3 days. Really I just want to work up a reserve of maybe 50 strips then release twice a week...then "whenever I feel like it" after that :P

Posted Sep 28, '08 at 11:55pm

Zophia

Zophia

8,407 posts

X) Not sure if it's the thighs or the back, but I definitely got confused over the way his legs are jointed together - I usually draw the thighs shorter and that last part before the hoof which I don't know what is called a bit longer. But yes, the torso/back does seem slightly too long... Oh well, it was a quick one, and you like it anyway. :)
Laughing your behind off over my typo? XP Pojnies ftw.

And yay for another page! :D I definitely think the higher quality will be worth the longer wait.
One thing, though. I can't read the little squiggly writing in the last frame. Do I need thicker glasses, or is it just really tiny?

Posted Sep 29, '08 at 2:00am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

It's really tiny. At full resolution it's not quite so tiny but it's still really tiny. I wasn't aiming to have it readable as it's a muttered aside that Hound Dawg certainly wouldn't have heard.

But it reads "But I gotta say that wasn't very helpful..."

Reply to Strop's sporadic scrapbook

You must be logged in to post a reply!