ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 731290
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I was not satisfied with my effort from the previous day.

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb476/stropmd/moarbikini2-1.png

I'm getting a little closer, I think. But alas, I still feel rusty and there are errors.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Wow... the detail in that last one is... wow!

Draw more pieces like that and you've got yourself a fan! =D

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Well Skeleton, he has more of Strip in this thread. Probably Xmas Strip is my favorite. More of a Strop guy myself. I am not gay. I just like ninjas.

Anyway, I don't think I have ever gone a good critique on your art Strop. So here I go. Strip is in the shower, that is obvious. I like the monocromatic thing you have going. The problem with it is to me Strip's tail looks like a fountain. The water splashing is amazing. Strip I believe should look a little more shocked, you did well with the confused slightly look though.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Draw more pieces like that and you've got yourself a fan! =D

haha thank you.

And here I was thinking that people normally stay quiet when viewing my thread (except perhaps to complain that I put horse heads on everything) because around here folk tend to shy away from anything above PG. Actually that's wrong, anything above PG that has even a whiff of sexual content in it. For some reason violence is okay.

Well, somehow, I manage to sneak in references to violence, sex and drugs (and a whole bunch of other things besides, I'll leave it to you to work out what they are) without actually crossing the line of "this really should be censored".

While I'm on topic, considering Dalek's comment that he's more of a Strop guy, every now and then I think that maybe I ought to balance things out with a scantily-clad horse dude or something, but a) I already did plenty of that in the WoM 4 teh lulz b) I suspect more people would complain than thank me. Maybe I should take a poll?

Strip I believe should look a little more shocked

I think Strip is probably at the point where she's half-expecting these kind of situations now :P

On that note the first sketch was 10 minutes, it took me a while to find my brushes again because it's been so long. The second one I blasted out in about an hour or so... a good speed painter who knew their way around their programs would probably get it done in half that time... I have a ways to go yet. It's pretty obvious what I was and wasn't concentrating on :P
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

think that maybe I ought to balance things out with a scantily-clad horse dude or something

If there were more females on this site I would say that it would be a fine idea, but there are not many at all.
I have a ways to go yet.

Seeing how it would have taken me forever to do that I think you are fine.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

because around here folk tend to shy away from anything above PG. Actually that's wrong, anything above PG that has even a whiff of sexual content in it.

Don't let that stop you! There are still those of us who love and appreciate that sort of thing!

Keep 'em coming!
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Will you ever draw a Streppy McHoarseguy or a Strappy MakeHolesguy? There isn't enough evil Strop, but plenty of Stroppy McHorseguy and Strippy Mc*****sguy.

And yes, I totally asked that question just for the wordplay.

Don't worry. There's worse like
Soppy McHoarsguy
Choppy McCoarseguy
Droppy McCourseguy
Sloppy McCoorsguy
Swabby McOarsguy

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Oh you Gantic, trust you to go there.

A Dr Strep actually does exist... Cen and I concocted him up while enthusing about Dr Horrible's Singalong Blog. Naturally he would be like the evil doctor.

Strip's extended name becomes Strippy McHorsegal... I see what you did there but the reason I didn't would be precisely because it then gets censored :P

As for the alter egos...

Soppy McHoarsguy- unlucky in love, forever alone
Choppy McCoarseguy- decided to pursue karate instead of the way of the ninja
Droppy McCourseguy- would have graduated but took up smoking weed every day
Sloppy McCoorsguy- would also have graduated but took up boozing every day
Swabby McOarsguy- swears he has no brother by the name of Stroppy McHorseguy. That guy can't even swim!

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Dr Horrible's Singalong Blog

Bad Horse must be Dr Strep acting like a normal horse. It all makes sense now.
Choppy McCoarseguy- decided to pursue karate instead of the way of the ninja

And then just became more boss because of it.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

AIM in all its glorious forms refuses to let me connect from this laptop. I don't know why.

I haven't drawn in what feels like (and probably is) months, so I have to blow off the cobwebs. I particularly liked that Cen recently gave Strip an actual set of sports-suitable lycra instead of her usual tank and short shorts that has her mammaries flopping about unsupported. Then I thought I'd revisit an old friend (read: Strop's nemesis, because he always forgets his pants).

Result:

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb476/stropmd/gympats_zpsd40f4e8a-1_zpseb84574f.jpg

(click image for full size, it's pretty large because I take to using large canvas and cutting down later these days).

Next: back to WoM updating, wherein a lot of characters get drawn.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Ha! You've finally caved to my demands to picture the character in an outfit that approaches some practical value instead of being disgusting "eye-candy." Now just ramp up the sapphic undertones and I'll be happy.

For instance, with some very simple alterations, you could have the tiger's eyes be a little more lusty, or have Strip blush slightly, or depict the characters tribbing.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Did you just suggest I draw tribbing? Just let me fetch the AG admin soundboard...

Carlie: "Oh god that's a ban."

I was originally going to have the tiger be a whole lot more sleazy (think either with her tail or just brazenly copping a feel) but thought maybe I'd tone it down a bit for PG-13 purposes (not like this has ever stopped me before but shaddup).

You've finally caved to my demands to picture the character in an outfit that approaches some practical value

Actually it took Cen to push me into doing it. TBH I was a little against giving Strip that kind of gear because it'd turn her into one of those gym junkie birds who also like to use the river outside my house as some kind of sports-accessory catwalk. Well it won't necessarily but you know, the clothes maketh the horse...
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

...but then again Strip is a clothes horse so what the hell ey?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

He'll never notice.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

does it count if I just pretend I didn't notice?

Showing 1486-1500 of 1567