ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 731245
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

@Pazx:
XD

@Strop:
Just took a look at the fullview of that rhino. You're right, the dental stuff is a lot less 'in the eye' on that. Evil resizing is evil!

Also... Do you have a ref of your ninjaponyselfthingy? *smiles hopefully holding the stylus ready*

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

*perks immensely*

Not yet (not a recent one) but I'm actually working on it. See, like, I haven't finalised most of the details as I was just being pretty random.

I'll get right to it, though! You'll get something all proper-like.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Okay, here's another sketch of Strop being all ninja. I might actually do a follow-up pic, but the idea here was to eventually do a step-by-step tutorial of how one *might* break down the drawing process.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/stropnight.jpg

He's got that creepy Kakashi look going c.c

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

nice picture, very detailed

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Ninjapony^^
I think it looks really great, though there seem to be some issues with the perspective below the knees? Or maybe it's just because you draw the thighs longer than I would on a horse~

I wants to draw! *has suddenly last track of the stylus, panicks* Where the fish did it go...

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

on topic: woah... amazing. you seem to mainly draw stuff like fighters, intentional?

@kingryan

What do you mean by this? I do not understand!

unless I missunderstood you you said that stop should meet your sister and... er... I'm not going into any more detail there *hint hint* and I just assumed you're a super intelligent grasshopper (according to your armatar) and strop is a sword and shield emblem... who occasionaly replaces a sword with a pencil. Hurrah random art-ly-ness!
Skite
Skite
9 posts
Nomad

You should so do a Chuck Norris tale, it would be epic. A lot of people think "Chuck Norris is too old now." In reality, time doesn't affect Chuck, he just affects time to make himself look older. If he always looked the same, people would start to unravel his true power xD.

Nice on these to Strop, they are pretty good. I could tell some of the stuff you meant that need improvement, but don't get too down on yourself, it's still better than like, ummm, EVERYONE HERE EXCEPT MAYBE ZOPHIA!

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

it's still better than like, ummm, EVERYONE HERE EXCEPT MAYBE ZOPHIA!

XD I seem to have made quite an impression on AG's art loving community. ^^

Btw Strop, I really love the blue colourscheme. It seems sort of crispy and tasty, you know, in the visual way.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Zophia said:

I think it looks really great, though there seem to be some issues with the perspective below the knees? Or maybe it's just because you draw the thighs longer than I would on a horse

Ohhhh yeah, hahahaha. That was a pretty big blooper.

I used to draw strop way too tall because I was combining the hindlegs of a horse and a human which probably adds a good foot. I have to find the happy medium sometime! Actually there was *one* pic where I did a good job, just have to find it...
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

I think the thighs and shins should be about the same length (with the shins being longer, if a difference is needed), and then the - foot part *vocabulary FAIL* long enough to get the right height. But it is pretty difficult to get digitigrade legs to look right.
But I hope you find that pic and show it to us~

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I think the thighs and shins should be about the same length

From my years of studying anatomy as part of my medical degree, this does appear to be the case (it would be unusual for shins to be longer than thighs). My main issue is shortening all the parts of the legs so that the character doesn't end up being unrealistically tall as happened initially.

Truth is, I'd misplaced the crotch when I did the dirty sketch and when I shifted it, I forgot to move the knees accordingly. It's a mistake I sometimes make, but rarely do I leave it uncorrected.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Actually guys, what I'm doing now is getting some practice on graphic novel type stuff. Since a lot of what I will be doing will require knowledge of this medium and I know a *few* things but haven't had that much putting them into practice, I'm going to need to start somewhere.

So on the side, I'm doing something totally unrelated:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/strugglerspilot01.jpg

You may have seen the 'karate bunny' in an earlier thread- well he's the main character of this little (okay, epic) story I'm writing for graphic-novel/webcomic type stuff. Since I just started using this tablet, I have a way to go before I settle in, but eh.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

And another:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/strugglerspilot02.jpg

Yep, the protagonist has a big case of stage-fright. Maybe I'll draw some more pages and it will become apparent as to why. See if I can squeeze another out today.

Hey, maybe I'll end up posting the entire segment...but if this does happen to become a webcomic, I should probably get it hosted elsewhere.

MJMinty
MJMinty
28 posts
Nomad

I have to say that is awesome Strop I like ninja bunnies.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Ninja bunnies?

You need to check out Lugaru then.

Showing 31-45 of 1567