Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

master of the secret sea cheat and guide

Posted Sep 5, '09 at 4:54pm

Larkary

Larkary

42 posts

celeber north west would be up left so he told wrong directions i see very confusing

Posted Sep 11, '09 at 4:05pm

waffle247

waffle247

1 post

Well this is how I did it:

1. Find a nice quiet trading route between any 2 ports, just sail around until you find the closest port from your starting port.

2. Buy as much stuff as you can (I brought perfume from my home port and coffee from the 2nd port) and sell it at the 2nd port.

3. Keep trading until you have around 30,000 gold then upgrade your boat (remember to buy food, crew, cannons and ammo)

4. Keep trading, buying the max you can and selling for profit; don't buy or sell in single units as the market price changes when you do this so the profit margin will decrease. The gain is exponential, so after a while you end up with more money than you can spend!

5. Upgrade your ship to the biggest you can afford, again remember to get a full crew (for max speed) and full set of cannons and ammo in case you run it to pirates - if you run into them feel free to run away as it's better to retreat than die!

6. Once you've done about 100 odd trades you should have loads of gold and trade fame points (I had 700,000+ gold and 45 trade fame); now you can use the list of locations earlier in this thread to find items!

7. I also got given info on people who know more about who I am and where I came from, the name of the port seems to be random so go to the given port and some guy tells you he's got your brother; leave the port and return and he will take the 150,000 gold and your brother tells you that it was only 10,000 gold he really owed the pirate who kidnapped him.

8. In your travel for items, stop by ports for more information on the pirate you need to find; check with the townhall for pirate killing jobs till you find the one that matches the name of the pirate you need to find and kill.

9. Go kill the pirate (he had 2 boats so you need to be clever in your battle tactics, avoid the cannon balls and take them out)

10. That will yield a map; although by this point I had all the items except the black crystal so it was a bit useless but did tell me the crystals location)

11. To get the black crystal item, check out your map; along the bottom is a gap in the land (it's a river) follow this but don't trade anything in Banland as then you get NaN money (infinite cash but no good for your score or fame!)

12. Go past the port to the rocks and gently tease your boat around them (you may need to trade down to a smaller ship to get there but remember to get a bigger ship on the way back)

13. Land the boat and get the final item.

14. Head back up the river and keep stopping at ports and going into the taverns and the townhalls (except Banland - nothing happens there) eventually (I think it's random) you will get a message from your old mate saying thanks for the crystal.

15. Use the remaining time to complete pirate killing jobs and end the game with a big high score!

Tips:

Don't start fighting vessels till you've got the biggest ship available with a full compliment of weapons and crew.

Avoid fighting non-pirate vessels as you'll get branded a pirate and battle fleets will attack you! (in port you can find fighting options under the status menu to prevent the option of fighting non-pirate vessels from showing up at all)

Keep your crew, food, cannons and ammo stocks full!

Trade expensive stock at the market, luxury goods like perfume and coffee will fair better than rasins and wool!

----

That should do it.

Posted Sep 12, '09 at 12:47pm

ainsworth13

ainsworth13

95 posts

anyone which ports u can enter if ur a pirate? cuz i forgot to save my game and im trying to find a port....(2 windows open) i hope i get a respone quick...30 barrels of food left....

Posted Sep 20, '09 at 4:44pm

Damnevil

Damnevil

77 posts

Great guide!

Posted Oct 23, '09 at 9:35am

Kennoji

Kennoji

1 post

treasure maps are bought randomly from the people in the tavern

Posted Nov 27, '09 at 12:00am

THETRUTH104

THETRUTH104

1 post

easy money tip go to De Los Santos buy all the ivory your ship can hold go to the closes port (which is Tanjung Emas)and sell it. if you choose Tanjung Emas buy all the perfume you can hold and sail back to De Los Santos and sell it. For the ivory i sell 500 for 146475 and only buy it for 100500

Posted Nov 27, '09 at 1:43am

edu_zanoni

edu_zanoni

10 posts

thx 05chancew

Posted Dec 8, '09 at 4:25am

ggg123

ggg123

2 posts

you can lose your fame if you retreat from a battle.I tried it a lot of times.

Posted Dec 21, '09 at 6:54am

grannyjamjam

grannyjamjam

1 post

can i us nan to but a ship and if i can how and where is the bes place to but cheap ships

Posted Feb 19, '10 at 5:42am

RJ9538

RJ9538

2 posts

Hey guys,theres a way to get big money! I found it out

DO 2 jobs at 1 point of time (eg:i go to georgetown,deliver letter to ternate and after that do a mission/job from there and so on...)
but it is a Very LOOOOOOOONG journey.

At least it is worth the money!

Reply to master of the secret sea cheat and guide

You must be logged in to post a reply!