ForumsSupport ForumSteamID.....What is it!?

4 1813
jjbb18
jjbb18
398 posts
Nomad

we all have SteamID on our AG profile but wt is it someone plz tell me on here and thn mods can lock it thxs

• 4 Replies
99percentcomplete
99percentcomplete
390 posts
Nomad

Why don't you just google it. There are tons of stupid questions on this site which can just be easily googled and I don't know why people don't do it. And isn't steam some program where you can buy games, like a store or something.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

SteamID refers to the program Steam. It is a program which can be used to buy and download games for PC and then play them over the internet with a large community.

Steam is quite helpful in setting up matches with people and has quite a good User Interface. However, once you have downloaded a game, you cannot separate it from Steam, which can get a bit annoying. For example, I downloaded Track Mania Nations (for free) and wanted to give it to my friend who doesn't have the internet, and I couldn't.

Does that answer your question?

KingRyan

Persuasive
Persuasive
20 posts
Nomad

Ryan, you can just backup the game up to disc, and give your friend the game that way.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

[quote=Wikipedia]A SteamID is a unique identifier used to identify a single account on the Steam platform. It is also used to refer to a Steam user's Steam Community profile page.[/quote]

Hope this answers your question.

Showing 1-4 of 4