ForumsSupport ForumPictures in your about idea...

11 2158
Nomad

Ok so we are allowed url's in our abouts but not pics. I tried...

I think it would be cool to allow pics of up to a certain size to be placed in your about. pretty muc like anything bad, it would be deleted by mods.

Also there could be a size limit and if the pic is too big, it just wont show up.

• 11 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

I think it would be cool to allow pics of up to a certain size to be placed in your about. pretty muc like anything bad, it would be deleted by mods.

The mods can't edit your about, that's why they didn't add pics.
Nomad

Mods can't edit about?!?!?

They should be able too. Some1 could seriously put some1 down and the mods could do nothing but ban them.

mayybe ban them if they post bad pics?

or delete account? I assume they can do that

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

or delete account? I assume they can do that

Permanent banning is deleting. Why ban them, why imply an idea that could cause a problem? The only thing moda can idea is their own stuff and froum posts titles (not the actual poats).
theone
theone
394 posts
Nomad

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

dem0nb0y4
dem0nb0y4
3 posts
Nomad

content.answers.com/.../180px-Shrek_donkey.jpg

dem0nb0y4
dem0nb0y4
3 posts
Nomad

HOW DO U GET PIC ON ACCOUNT

RescuePal
RescuePal
128 posts
Nomad

I think its a good idea because what if someone wanted to post their art in their about or their signature I like it I really do.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Who cares about if its offensive or not, did you guys ever think about how ginormously huge the about page would be if people started to post pictures on their About page? That is why the moderators allowed links, but not adding the [/img] coding, because the about page would be too big.

Offensive and Sexual images are a close 2nd place in a list of cons.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Who cares about if its offensive or not, did you guys ever think about how ginormously huge the about page would be if people started to post pictures on their About page?

Some abouts are already hideously long. Keyboard art, mostly, which annoy me a little.
I think it would be nice to be able to post one or two images in the abouts, but that is it. No more than one/two.
Oh course, as mentioned, the bes possible solution would be posting a link to the images instead.
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Imagine adding pictures to those HUGE FR2 profiles. Christ. Has anyone ever heard of "freewebs.com" -- maybe upload a text file or something.

If anything, we can link to the pictures, like others have suggested. It would save space, prevent 56k'ers/dial-up'ers/DSL'ers from crashing and it would be easier to control (i.e. if you see a link, you can make a sound judgement on whether or not it's safe to visit).

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Exactly. I'm all up for links; they take up less space in your already-long about page, and if you click on one image instead of having them load all at once, the images are uploaded faster. It is best if we just leave it as it is in terms of pictures in your about. We would be taking a big step backwards if this would be set in.

Showing 1-11 of 11