ForumsProgramming ForumMoving on or Redeveloping?

2 3774
Piratefish
Piratefish
3 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

I've got a quick question for those fellow developers out there which I haven't really gotten an answer for at other forums (I'm a long time member of Actionscript forums).

I'm coming to a point in my flash career where I've gotten better at coding and drawing. Most of my previous games I've made on my website are not very attractive nor are they efficiently coded. I'm going to start working towards developing better games and driving views to my own site. My true question is Do I completely redo my old games or leave them as is and just keep working on new games?

I'm also in a bind as Armorgames was once and I've based many games off of Runescape (a Java Based MMORPG) so I'm sure I'll be receiving a Cease and Desist order if I get too big. Redeveloping those games would be a way for me to clear out the names involved and have them fresh and available to play. So in your opinions should I move on or redevelop?

• 2 Replies
Piratefish
Piratefish
3 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the reply Dank. Another small concern for me is that currently my &quotortfolio" of sorts consists of visually unappealing games.

If I'm to basically move on I have nothing right now to show off any skill I have with Flash (as I have no finished game that I consider in my talent bracket).

On the other hand just updating my old games I'd probably spend a lot more time on it than anticipated and not develop anything new...

Any comment on my &quotortfolio" concern?

Piratefish
Piratefish
3 posts
Nomad

Well put Dank. I'm definitely looking towards moving onto bigger and better game design. Would you say that a persons past work has any bearings on his current? Would you keep your old work up for display for a sort of "Before and After" look?

Showing 1-2 of 2