Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

ALL Newcomers! READ THIS! *Updated*

Posted Sep 22, '08 at 4:43pm

268 posts

Here is a compiled list to things you really need to know to move smoothly around this site.

**MOST IMPORTANT

I found this very important to make sure to read. By everyone. Not just new Members.

Make Sure to check out all of the stickies and the help page.

The Stickies will have a pic next to them that looks like this: http://armorgames.com/images/icn-sticky.png

--> Here Are Some of the Important Stickies

Posted Sep 22, '08 at 6:17pm

ShintetsuWA

ShintetsuWA

2,517 posts

This should be sticked, any moderator that reads this. This contains much valuable information to any user.

Posted Sep 22, '08 at 6:44pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

Well in a way this is sort of like every other guide. No offence it is well written but I have seen threads about reading stickies on here before.

Posted Sep 22, '08 at 6:45pm

jonnypants23

jonnypants23

989 posts

This was a real help thxs for putting this on here .

Posted Sep 22, '08 at 7:00pm

crimsonblade55

crimsonblade55

4,349 posts

awesome two of the user made guides are from me.Anyways good job in compiling this together,and getting all of the right picutes,links,and bolding things that ware important.You formatted this quite well,and also to me and apparently everyone before me agree,that this would be worthy of becoming stickied,but I'm not sure as to how many people read the stikies,and whether or not people would read it if it were to be stickied.I am just not quite sure about it.Anyways great job on it,and for all of your contributions to my URL tricks guide.

Posted Sep 22, '08 at 7:05pm

ShintetsuWA

ShintetsuWA

2,517 posts

This will most definitely clean up most of the mini help and guides that are made from random users. If not then our blood, sweat, and tears were for nothing. Especially the fact that wrong threads are appearing in forums that shouldn't even contain those threads. I found an art piece in the video games section for crying out loud. It was moved though.

Posted Sep 22, '08 at 7:08pm

268 posts

It just seems like people these days lack that certain thing... what is it..? Oh yeah, Common Sense!

You know talk about FLASH Games in the Flash Game section. Talk about video games in the Video game section, etc.

Can user posts be stickied?

Posted Sep 22, '08 at 7:15pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

Trust me, the people who go to the forums here were not born yesterday. If they lack the common sence to look at the stickies, then making a sticky about what is a sticky is nothing more than redundant and everyone who reads this would have already known what a sticky is.

Anyways, user posts can be stickied, though they rarely ever are anymore. The mods and the few users who have gotten their thread stickied have covered just about everything there is that needs covered. If you are thinking about asking a mod to sticky this, I am almost sure it won't happen. This is a good thread but sadly the only people who will read this will already know about that stuff you mentioned.

Posted Sep 22, '08 at 8:18pm

crimsonblade55

crimsonblade55

4,349 posts

Here is a link to a thread tht was created by a user and was stickied.In fact many of the stickied threads in the programming help forum were regular user created.Anyways afte that I really have nothing else to say that has not been said before.

Posted Sep 22, '08 at 8:27pm

268 posts

@ Noname

Always a critic...

You know what I should have added? The forum rules thing. lol. Completely left those out, aww well.

Reply to ALL Newcomers! READ THIS! *Updated*

You must be logged in to post a reply!