ForumsWEPRRead Much?

13 2698
mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

The title has nothing to do with the thread, but I'm keeping it.

We try to walk. We can't, but how do we know? We don't know that we're trying to walk, do we?
We're standing, and then sitting. You can't be trying to walk, if your not, right? So then what do we look for in existence, that symbolizes walking, before you realize what walking is? As a child, we see the world like it does not exist, because you can't see it from the doorstep, and past the doorstep is "Don't go out there! It's dirty, stay indoors!". In our world (the house) we can't understand what we just did, if we did anything. If we walk, we don't know until we see the picture 1 year later. If we talk, it's the same thing as ga-ga, except what mommy says!

I think like that a lot. It's pretty big picture, so if you think i'm a fool, then don't, because i'm not.

I find that certain things happen, or people say something, and it's figuratively correct, but technically not. Like a switch is turned, and the big picture gears in my brain start grinding.

Do any of you AG"ers" ever feel like there are things in life that are easy enough to talk about, but hard to think about?

I hope this isn't too deep, because if it is, I'll feel like a fool, and many other things (that i choose not to say here)

• 13 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Wow nice man.I love it

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Are you sure this is the right forum for this?

I agree, though. Many things makes less sense when you think about them. Especially the standard functions that we just take for granted.

Sure there are scientific explanations for a lot of those things, but still they seem - weird when you just think about them.

BumplemuffinBaker
BumplemuffinBaker
331 posts
Nomad

wow dude. that made me think. it was not at all too deep.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Of course, if you meant it like a poem, this is the right forum. But it sets up for a possibly discussion quite nicely... I don't know. Sorry 'bout this pointless post.

Aquajag
Aquajag
89 posts
Nomad

Do any of you AG"ers" ever feel like there are things in life that are easy enough to talk about, but hard to think about?

So then, you talk without thinking? If the motors of the mouth are linked to the gears of the brain, hard topics to think about should be hard topics to talk about. The talking will get confusing, spinning in circles, going nowhere, mindless babble filling up the blank spaces of restful conversations. If you can't think about it, don't talk about it. If talking about it is your way of thinking about it, than difficult to think about topics are also difficult to talk about topics.
mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

No, I think. Thinking as in realizing what's taken for granted.
When you talk about certain things, it has less of a meaning then when you see them in your mind.

Aquajag
Aquajag
89 posts
Nomad

So your talking still has less thought than your thinking. Your talk still does not connect to your brain. Be more mindful with your talk, and you may find that thinking and talking are both quite complicated.

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

I don't think that you see what i mean.

CommanderC
CommanderC
120 posts
Nomad

I think it is sometimes easier to process hard topics by thinking about them.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure what the hell you are saying, ment.

Sorry, but I really hate all the figurative speech.

Aaroniscool
Aaroniscool
254 posts
Nomad

When you read a book from beginning to end, you don't know what will happen next, or why it happens. But if you read a book from end to beginning, everything makes sense.

I think that one of the cool things of being human is that you have such a large memory and thinking abilities that when you do something, you later remember that thing. You analyze the situation and you figure out what you could do (or not do) the next time that that situation comes up in order to bring out a better result.

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

Now that's cool, I never noticed that.

Aquajag
Aquajag
89 posts
Nomad

I think that one of the cool things of being human is that you have such a large memory and thinking abilities that when you do something, you later remember that thing. You analyze the situation and you figure out what you could do (or not do) the next time that that situation comes up in order to bring out a better result.

You say this as if all people do this all the time. But it seems that often time people do not. This is surely possible, and if a person is mindful, I totally agree: the result is awesome. But so many mindlessly wander right back into the same situations, not having processed through the previous ones, and make the same mistakes, with the same bad outcomes. Learning is not guaranteed.
Showing 1-13 of 13