ForumsSupport ForumIdea concerning the New Feature

31 4597
Nomad

If you don't know what the idea is refer here.

I remember reading something in an old topic about deleting inactive users. The only problem with this was people were unsure if the account was inactive or the person only got on to play games.

With this new-handy-dandy feature we can see if a user has even been logged on in so much time.

I say we start a list. A list of accounts inactive by so much time. Say... 6 months or more? When you come across one of these accounts you can simply copy and past the link in to a topic provided for the sole purpose of that list. Maybe I can even have a mod change the name of this topic and we can start the list on here. (If this catches on.)

Now I'm not sure how exactly web-sites work. (I'm in web-mastering this year But I would assume that having many inactive accounts would slowly bog down the system. Not 100% sure though.

• 31 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

It would be helpful to delete Ghost Accounts. I'm not sure how many months would be minimum, but Ghost Accounts are simply not needed.

Nomad

Yes exactly my thinking. Hold off on the list though until a mod says something.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

So, users can help out in this one.
I like it

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

And the mods would oversee these deletions because there are some accounts that aren't logged into regularly but are necessary(like clan HQ accounts).

Nomad

Yes of course. I would assume an Admin or something along that nature.

Do the mods have to work at the actual place? I think someone said it was in California.

Anyway nobody get any ideas yet. Wait till a mods posts.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I doubt it.
I think only the developers and the AG team work at the office.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

I've heard that the AG office is somewhere in the Bay area...
But don't quote me on that...

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Yes, let's post out a reward for those that find and paste a link warrant for a ghost account. The reward is 1 AP (hardee har har)

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well actually its not like a mmorpg where more people equals more lag.All those sites do is take up space on the vaste limitless wb with new pages that are created using a special template.Carlie said before bluntly that these accounts do not slow down the site.I don't even know if they have te need to run a OS,or T3/T10 server for the site.Anyways a list of some sort for some type of level of activity within the site,could be interesting,but maybe not a list of ghost accounts as it would not help.Maybe one for everyone who is most active,like people who have atleast a iron/gold squire rank,and have been on within the last week.What do you think of this revised idea?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Why does it matter that the ghost acounts get deleted or not? I just ignore them because they do not inturrupt this site in any way at all.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Because ghost accounts are a spammers prey. And it is because people have ignored them that they have gotten unnecessary points. They should be purged because so.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

An interesting idea would be that they could do like spruz,to where the accounts would dissappear until the person logs back on,or they could give mods an option to close the comments of those accounts.Also another idea is to make it to where after a certain amount of inactivity the comments box could get locked automatically,then be turned off when the person logs back on.There are plenty of ideas that could be used as a solution for this delima.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

The award is nothing.
Very funny.
>.>
We don't have to get them deleted, just close the comments.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Yes, I guess that can work. The thing is, this has been suggested before (ME for one) and it was blown off in 5 replies. This is probably why I thought it was a bad idea now :3

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

I like the idea, but not 6 months, more like 10 months, just to be safe. Also, why don't the comments automatically close if you are inactive for a certain amount of time, say two months. This would reduce spamming, and they can keep their profile for another "x" amount of months before they lose it.

Showing 1-15 of 31