ForumsSupport ForumSignatures. . . .

14 3679
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Yes, it's been suggested before but they are the backbone of personality in an account. It shows if your humorous, clever, intelligent, and it's a lot easier when your on the comp blowing off some brain power because you had a long day. It gets tiring for me to either try to remember to put my sig after I post each time and I normally only put it if I'm serious or if it's important. So I would like a sig option that is automatic, and if you don't, please explain why?

• 14 Replies
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Yes, like you said it has been sugested before.
I still like this idea but I don't think it will happen anytime soon. ArmorGames.com dosn't like to copy other sites.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

ArmorGames.com dosn't like to copy other sites.

Yes, but this has made it self into one of the community basics, not offensively of course armorgames ^-^U
Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

if you want a sig so much, why dont you just add it to everypost?

NeoStarblaze7
NeoStarblaze7
102 posts
Nomad

Or you can make your own banner!
Like mine!
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/8357/mybanner48c52a692a57asn3.png

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Think about it this way. What if everyone had a signature like NeoStarBlaze. Compare that to the word size. If that isn't enough, people can get way too carried away and make too big of signatures like 300x450, which is just too crazy. Armatars are enough thank you.

craker
craker
222 posts
Nomad

ya then that means they have a limit on how big they can get!

sigs are a good idea

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Yes, it's been suggested before

Sooooooooo why did you make this one?

But to answer, i think it's an ok idea.

But, can't you make one if you want to? I mean, not everyone has to.
thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

What site is this allready on?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, like you said it has been sugested before.
I still like this idea but I don't think it will happen anytime soon. ArmorGames.com dosn't like to copy other sites.

That isn't quite the reason for this feature. Pretty much, the AG forums is completely original, and is built from scratch. So as you can imagine, even basic functionality can take a while to implement, since it all needs to be made for the first time. That is why the forums do not have some features still like signatures, preview, editing, etc. Whether or not they will later be added, I am not entirely sure. But that is the reasoning as to why it is not on the forums right now.
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Slightly off topic now..
Why is AG build from scratch? I think it's pretty cool, but why? Programmers wanting absolute control and knowledge of what's on the site/how it works?

seize_the_element
seize_the_element
757 posts
Shepherd

Good idea but it's only a few keys you have to press.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

I think it's pretty cool, but why? Programmers wanting absolute control and knowledge of what's on the site/how it works?

Well, one day, the great Dan was in his basement and was HIGH as a kite. Then he thought, "Hey... I should build a site from scratch since that would be wicked awesome. It'd be totally unique.". That's how the legend goes... or so I'm told.

Anyway, the only other reason for signatures not being implemented: SLOW DOWN. Believe me, if you're on a forum full of signatures and kicking in low speed cable/DSL/dial-up, it is a drag. Imagine all the images just loading from the first page alone, then you have the really creative guy who decides to put an animation!

And I presume the moderators would have to monitor the signatures lightly to moderately just to be sure people aren't violating the T&C.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

kicking in low speed cable/DSL/dial-up, it is a drag.

dude, i have dial up, and it takes pages around 30 seconds to load as is! If they added signature's, with pictures iwould be off this site, cause nothing would load!
Lebuff
Lebuff
23 posts
Nomad

Yes, same here

Showing 1-14 of 14