ForumsSupport ForumBlock Users

130 15885
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think this is a great idea.if you like the user and add them that will give them the privilege to comment you.But if you don't add them you can't comment them.What I'm trying to say is that you can only receive comments from people you like.If you see a user cursing at everyone you don't add them.Then that way you don't have to put up with their cursing.

• 130 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Sorry i mean if you don't add a person that you don't like they won't comment you

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

You would get a lot less friends

It could be a useful optional feature tough

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah like keep away spammers.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Most people who comment me are not on my friends list and I am perfectly fine with that. In face most people get commented by people they like but are not necessarilly on their friend's list.

Another problem would be, how would you make friends if you can't message them because your not on their friends list?

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I talk to people who aren't my friends in real life, so why not online? I am one of those people who doesn't find friends easy to get, but hard to lose.

IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

How are they supposed to be able to comment if they are not a friend?
What if they have a question specifically for you, but since they are not on your list, they have no way of getting in contact with you to ask you that they can become friends.

How about have a blocked list that does not allow those players to comment on your profile?

Or just flag their comments and notify a moderator.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

As IqAndreas said...
The reverse would be more effective - a block user feature. So if someone's bothering you, you can check a box somewhere and they'll be unable to comment on your profile. MUCH more efficient than needing to have people on your friends list.

entity101
entity101
16 posts
Nomad

i find that the friend thing in this is rather useless i mean most of the games are single player and so no one really intreacts except in the comment area and most people just put there opinions in the games coment area, and people dont just decide hey you have the same opinion as me, your gonna be my friend

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

The reverse would be more effective - a block user feature. So if someone's bothering you, you can check a box somewhere and they'll be unable to comment on your profile. MUCH more efficient than needing to have people on your friends list.

And that's definitely been suggested before. I mean, I leave comments on peoples profiles, just randomly (i.e. "Hey, nice review on ____, keep it up!", etc.) -- the way you want it Juan seems a tad bit too complicated...
Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

yes, but with oyur idea, peopel would have very few, if none friends. i have met all my friends by them leaving comments on my profile, or my comments on theirs.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, I think it should be an option. As Owen said, many people meet others through the messenger, but others don't want to be bothered...

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

yeah i agree with the idea were you check someone to block the user.perfect idea.That was what i was trying to say!

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I think it would be good if you could block useres from commenting on your page.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah that is what i was trying to say since the beggining

lil_gangsta72
lil_gangsta72
375 posts
Nomad

i like this idea

Showing 1-15 of 130