ForumsSupport ForumMerits

14 2398
entity101
entity101
16 posts
Nomad

i think that rewarding good posts with merrits or 25 AA isnt working because the admins only see comments really if they stuble apon it or notice its been greenflaged but really how many people take the time to green flag a responce they thought was good, the only time i think anyone well bother to green flag is if they asked for help and you tell them what to do

• 14 Replies
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Admins and moderators actually take time to sift through pages on pages of comments looking for merit worthy ones. It's actually a lot of work for them, since they also award merits for those that haven't been voted up. Voting a comment up does it make it easier to see, but they don't neglect the other ones.

And you'd you be surprised to learn, users on AG will vote a comment up if it's a good review. I, myself, have been surprised to see my comments getting larger and larger by the day :P -- y'can't be so pessimistic about it!

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Admins and moderators actually take time to sift through pages on pages of comments looking for merit worthy ones. It's actually a lot of work for them, since they also award merits for those that haven't been voted up. Voting a comment up does it make it easier to see, but they don't neglect the other ones.

Yep, he is very right. We take a lot of time out to go looking for merits. We review all comments for the game when we go through, so that none are missed that should get a merit. It is just getting around to all of the 1000+ games that takes a while =)
mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

the only time i think anyone well bother to green flag is if they asked for help and you tell them what to do

Then change it. Be the person who purposefully goes through thousands if comments to find that one extra special one. Maybe you'll start something... I know I do this. The more people who do it, the better.
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Yeah that put a lot of work into them.

Also, there are tons of pages. So you just have to be patient, you will get one eventually.

Like i wrote a merit worthy comment i think a little over a week ago. And i thought it was not coming and i just got it not

So just be patient

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I click the green flag if I happen to stuble apon a merit-worthy comment when playing a game, because even through the mods. Do a good job checking the iste, there is still hte occasional merit-worthy comment that won't be noticed... And if you click the grren flag, it is eaiser to see, so there is a greater chance of that person getting a merit. So I think that if you don't take your time just to click on a button, that you should because I'm sure you would want someone to do the same for you.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Can you clear something up for me guys?

Is there a specific page that moderators can see that has only flagged comments?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yep, he is very right. We take a lot of time out to go looking for merits. We review all comments for the game when we go through, so that none are missed that should get a merit. It is just getting around to all of the 1000+ games that takes a while =)

Yep, everyday i write a merit worthy comment i get one in the morning.That's the way it is. =D
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Is there a specific page that moderators can see that has only flagged comments?

It only makes it stand out when we are going through game comments, to heighten the chances that the comment will get a merit.
thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I also have a question: Do the mods and admins tend to go through to newer games first when they award merits?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think so to see the games and rate them and comment them

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I also have a question: Do the mods and admins tend to go through to newer games first when they award merits?

Not necessarily. Some of our methods are to go through games randomly, and award merits. I sometimes review games that released back in March and have never been reviewed, so people can get merits from waaaaay back.
thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

Really? That's actually a good method! But do you usually go through the new games anyway?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Really? That's actually a good method! But do you usually go through the new games anyway?

Sometimes, yes. I tend to choose those randomly as well. For example, I went through one or two of the newer games today, but the rest are from games that are popping up in the Random Games on the front page.
entity101
entity101
16 posts
Nomad

the fact that the 3rd post was a merit post (including my post) was a real slap in the face.

Showing 1-14 of 14