ForumsSupport ForumHow do you get merits?

5 1851
rainhotstuff
rainhotstuff
9 posts
Nomad

How do you get merits?

• 5 Replies
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Taken from HELP:

On each userpage, there is an area that numbers how many merits you have earned. Merits are earned by writing constuctive,original, and thoughtful comments in the Games section. We reward those who take the time to think out a good comment, as it contributes a lot to the website and sets a good example for others. The post does not have to be a book in length, but should be interesting enough to grab our attention. For each merit you recieve, you will earn 25 AP and your post will stand out. Only moderators and administrators give out merits. You can help us choose who gets the merits by hitting the "up-vote" arrow next to comments on the game pages.

Do not bug the moderators or admins to give you merits. They will most likely be sad for the rest of the day if you do.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

You earn merits by writing well thought out comments on games. Essentially, game reviews. It has to be a coherent, structured and cover various aspects of the games (i.e. graphics, audio, etc.).

To increase your chances of earning merits faster/sooner I suggest writing comments/reviews on newer games released.

There are various guides to writing merits, but I think they're pretty useless. If you have some constructive criticism, along with things you liked about a game, then hey! That's all there is to it. No needs for essay's.

Oh, little to no spelling/grammar problems either.

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

well, in short form of what they said, you write a review about you game with your thoughts in it, it has to be well organized, medium length, and you have to use good grammar.

btw- this should be in the newcomer forum

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

hrm.. please chek the Help link located in the right hand corner of the webpage for further information.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

isn't questions like this what the newcomers section is made for?Anyways the question has been answered so once a mod gets on I shall ask him/her to lock this.

Showing 1-5 of 5