ForumsSupport ForumGame creator points

24 4745
smiles
smiles
14 posts
Nomad

I think that the game creaters should get 1 point for every rating their game gets and 1 point for every comment their games get. Tell me if you think so and why/why not?

• 24 Replies
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

yeah,not good.conartist would have like a million posts and would be more than unfair to regular users.

smiles
smiles
14 posts
Nomad

I personally think that they should because creating a game is hard work and they should get some feeling of accomplishment. If they have more than three games created, then they should only get the extra credit for their first 3 games.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

well they get 20 ap per game submitted,and most posters are people that have there own site and dont reall care about here only showing there games..after the first 3 they should get there names somewhere perhaps.

smiles
smiles
14 posts
Nomad

that's true, but there is a creater that actually plays games and has an armatar and posts comments and rates games like everyone else and i think he cares about getting his AP up.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

maybe,but thats just one person.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

People spam comments on games so about 99/100 of those comments are resembling this. " This game Pwns!". Rating is also the same thing. Just done to get 2 points.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Game creators have no taste for points, so who cares?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I don't thunk that would be good.What if they spam is that going to count and it would affect the author.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Game creators have no taste for points, so who cares?

Exactly. Sure it's hard to make a game, but what happens if the game's bad? :P

Besides, game creators, such as Crazy Monkey or whatever the case may be, rarely go on the website and make comments (yet alone, care about AP). In fact, they represent the actual game makers. Other authors, such as john or CA, simply are to busy making games to care about AP. They don't need it.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

That's tre.Not all games deserve to be appreciated

BumplemuffinBaker
BumplemuffinBaker
331 posts
Nomad

there are so many people who just post comments and rate games to get points, that if the creator created a popular game, he/she could advance in points REALLY quikly. plus, they probably don't care about points anyway.

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

I think that it isn't a bad idea, but you're thinking wrong. People like John and AG and ConArtists would have 4 billion AP and everyone else left in the dust. I think maybe a reward of average rating after 100k plays. Like a 9 rating after 100,000 gets you 9 AP or something. Or, if it reaches 1 million plays then you get a bonus or something. It would take some thought.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

yeah some achievements for some Authors great idea!

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

NO! the reason why is that game makers would have MILLIONS of points and it would keep us regular users down forever.

It took us about 3 weeks to beat CrazyMonkeyGames on the leader-boards, we would still be trying to beat it if this was instated.

smiles
smiles
14 posts
Nomad

OK i see all of your points, but I realized this when I thought of it and i like ninjacube's idea where after a certain amount of ratings or comments then they get points and after they get a good average then they get bonus points.

Showing 1-15 of 24