ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAnimation Contest - Theme: Halloween (page 68)

707 297293
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Alrighty, this has been brewing in the artistic minds of a few AGers lately - an animation contest!

Similar to the Art Skills Competition we need a few rules in place (largely copy/pasted, so credits to Carlie for parts of this):
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program (GIMP is a nice free one with a build in animation filter - google it). Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your animation is larger than 630 pixels wide, please provide a link to the animation instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the animation will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week. Unless only one person submits......let's hope that doesn't happen!

Alright, let's see if this kicks off.
First theme will be ~ Jumping.
It's a basic thing to learn in animation, and it can be anything from a pixelated blob performing up/down motions, to - anything jumping.
Like: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Emote.gif
I don't know who will do the judging yet (will be me, if no one else (like Strop?) decides they'll do it).
Deadline for first round will be October 20th, since animation is a somewhat time consuming process. Go make those pixels jump!

• 707 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Oops, I meant October 13th... Just two weeks, not three. Sorry!

miniman
miniman
84 posts
Nomad

oh, oh i can judge. If that's ok with you guys, otherwise i will just participate.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Ooh nice theme. You bet your socks I'll enter something!

And that's a hilarious animation.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

@Strop:
But... But... I don't know where any of my socks are! D:
X) Glad you like the theme~ This shall be fun~

@miniman:
Is you experienced enough with animation? If you believe you are, I'll let you judge. Because I really wanna enter myself!

miniman
miniman
84 posts
Nomad

can't you enter and judge?
if you can judge fairly.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Well, if I judged, I certainly wouldn't let myself win... It's a little... I don't know what to call it... But it's not great...

miniman
miniman
84 posts
Nomad

it wouldn't feel right to let yourself win, altough you might have the best picture/animation

Generalhero
Generalhero
396 posts
Farmer

the contest needs a judge ar it is not fair

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Let's just say I judge this first round. I may make an entry, but I will not judge it. I'll only judge other people's entries. Then we'll see how it goes...

Now go make those jumps!

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

How bout I judge! I don't have anything to animate with and too much spare time on my hands =/

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

im available to judge, and im ok with animation

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/jump.gif

There is some flaws, but GIMP has desided to hate me, so I cannot edit it.
And I just realized I waned it to be an emote, but now it is just a purple ball thing.
No, I am not good at animating either.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Nice squishy ball effect there. Has a nice velocity~
And will win by default if no one else enters~ Come on now people. I know more of you can animate.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I'll try and enter... unless GIMP keeps hating me... Also I can be available to judge later contests if needed (I'm a half decent animator and I know a good one when I see it)

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Yes yes zophia, I'm still doing mine :P

Ninja awayyyyyyyyy!

Showing 1-15 of 707