ForumsArt, Music, and WritingUT's Audio Contest! (over and done with)

102 26631
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

UT's Audio Contest!
Hey there! This is the official thread for my unofficial audio contest! This is where you can find information about the contest, sign up, and post your songs. Let's go over the contest rules:

RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Your song must be original (no remixes)
- Lyrics are allowed, but nothing inappropriate
- Songs must be 1:30 or longer
- NO STOLEN MUSIC if you plagiarize, will will find you >
- Your music must be written for this contest, no using already completed songs.
- There are no restrictions on genre or method of creation

DEADLINES
- The deadline for signing up is Friday, October 10th
- The deadline for submissions is Friday, October 24th
- Judging will take place from October 25th to October 30th

Results will be announced on October 31st

SIGNING UP
To sign up, just make a post in this forum saying that you want to enter the contest.

SUBMITTING
After you have completed your song, submit it's mp3 file to [url]http://www.zshare.net/[/url]. Leave the link to your submission and your song name on this page. As stated before, the deadline for submissions is Friday, October 24th, so don't be late!

PRIZES!
1st Place: A copy of Cubase 4 or FL Studio Pro.
2nd - 3rd Place: 50 AP
Everybody Else: Cruel Mockery

The reason that I'm not giving out more prizes is because I am running this contest out of my own pocket, and I don't have stacks of cash lying around at the moment.

JUDGING
The contest will be judged by the AG moderators (except for those who are participating). We are happy to except users to our judging panel, but there are a few requirements:

- Impartiality to music genre
- Impartiality to user
- Knowledge of music
- Good member
- Not entered in the contest

The deadline for judging signups is also going to be the 10th.

Have fun guys!

• 102 Replies
jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

There's more judges than contestants...is that a good thing?

Also, good luck to everyone participating

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well this contest has its first submission.Lige I think I heard an acoustic and Electric Guitar in that song for the most part.Is that right?Also why such a long name?Whatever your answer to those two are,if I manage to come up with something by the end I will look forward to competing against you for the fact that,that song was put together quite well.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

well this contest has its first submission.Lige I think I heard an acoustic and Electric Guitar in that song for the most part.Is that right?Also why such a long name?Whatever your answer to those two are,if I manage to come up with something by the end I will look forward to competing against you for the fact that,that song was put together quite well.

that's right, there's two parts. one is an acoustic guitar and the other is an electric. Do you not like the name? I just decided that it would be a cool name, and it's what the song sounds like to me.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well I just thought the name was quite.....long.Thats all.Also its good to know I got it right.Anyways I don't really know how good mine might be in comparison,(If I submit it at all)but I like this song either way.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Crap, since I don't have the minimum bit rate, I can't get the mp3 version the way you have told us. Is there any other way to do this? I also thought of just taking a video with CamStudio, but I can't get it to record sound. Anyone familiar with it?

Strat
Strat
107 posts
Nomad

The bar's been set rather high early in this competition ^^;

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Wow Lige, the name of you're song just made my day.

And it sounded pretty good

I might download it...

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Ok, there seem to be some people that can't get their songs to export correctly. *looks at Estel* For anybody that is having trouble getting their songs to export, there are two things you can do. You can try to figure out what's wrong and fix it, or you can borrow a mic from a friend or rent one from a store, then record your song live as it plays out of your computer. If neither of these work, email me and I'll help you fix your problem.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Hmm, the link for your submission isn't working Lige. Maybe it's a problem with Zshare. Would you mind emailing it to me?

ubertuna5@gmail.com

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

hmm... funny, It doesn't work anymore for me either. I think it might be a problem with zshare. I'll email a link of the same song from a different website.

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

Great Job Lige...and as Strat said, the bars have been set pretty high

And...the link...it works now...

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Amazing work Lige. Very well done

GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,361 posts
Nomad

Does the audio have be something we have done or a mixture of sounds with effects?

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

You have to write it, and you have to create it. You are aloud to incorporate sound effects into your submission, as long as there is still composition. This is a fantastic example of a song using FX.

Showing 46-60 of 102