ForumsArt, Music, and WritingUT's Audio Contest! (over and done with)

102 26595
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

UT's Audio Contest!
Hey there! This is the official thread for my unofficial audio contest! This is where you can find information about the contest, sign up, and post your songs. Let's go over the contest rules:

RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Your song must be original (no remixes)
- Lyrics are allowed, but nothing inappropriate
- Songs must be 1:30 or longer
- NO STOLEN MUSIC if you plagiarize, will will find you >
- Your music must be written for this contest, no using already completed songs.
- There are no restrictions on genre or method of creation

DEADLINES
- The deadline for signing up is Friday, October 10th
- The deadline for submissions is Friday, October 24th
- Judging will take place from October 25th to October 30th

Results will be announced on October 31st

SIGNING UP
To sign up, just make a post in this forum saying that you want to enter the contest.

SUBMITTING
After you have completed your song, submit it's mp3 file to [url]http://www.zshare.net/[/url]. Leave the link to your submission and your song name on this page. As stated before, the deadline for submissions is Friday, October 24th, so don't be late!

PRIZES!
1st Place: A copy of Cubase 4 or FL Studio Pro.
2nd - 3rd Place: 50 AP
Everybody Else: Cruel Mockery

The reason that I'm not giving out more prizes is because I am running this contest out of my own pocket, and I don't have stacks of cash lying around at the moment.

JUDGING
The contest will be judged by the AG moderators (except for those who are participating). We are happy to except users to our judging panel, but there are a few requirements:

- Impartiality to music genre
- Impartiality to user
- Knowledge of music
- Good member
- Not entered in the contest

The deadline for judging signups is also going to be the 10th.

Have fun guys!

• 102 Replies
Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

so is the contest even happening? from what it looks like, there's not much of a competition anymore.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Here's my song anyway. I know there is no contest, but I at least want it out there (:
[url]http://www.zshare.net/download/504680883bb0253b/]Hospitalll 1.m4a - 2.69MB[/url]

The_Winner
The_Winner
136 posts
Nomad

soooo......Did I win?????

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

well... you are The_Winner...

The_Winner
The_Winner
136 posts
Nomad

That's right I am!

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Hehe, you two always crack me up! XD

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Here is my song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBOLDDjfPRY

The_Winner
The_Winner
136 posts
Nomad

Wat the hell is going on? is the contest finished already? who is the winner?(me)?

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Ubertuna is dealing with a personal problem and will not be on the site for awhile. This contest will either be left on hold, or not happen.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

I'd just like to apologize to everybody that posted submissions for the contest. I had to take a brief hiatus from the site, and the competition was put on hold. Now that I'm back, I will go through the submissions and judge them, as well as give out an AP prize. I'm sorry that the software/equipment prize idea did not work out as I had planned it. There may be another audio contest in the future, and it should be a little more organized than this one :P I'll be posting the results on saturday.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Ok, sorry for the delay. My internet was down over the weekend. Anyway, here are the winners!

1st Place: Lige
2nd Place: Estel
3rd Place: The_Winner

Since we didn't have as many entrants as I had hoped, the only prize will be 100 AP for Lige. I'm sorry that this contest didn't turn out to be as epic as I had hoped. Thankyou, all who participated, and I wish you luck in your future musical enterprises.

UT

The_Winner
The_Winner
136 posts
Nomad

WELL THAT WAS A BIG WATSE OF TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*%&$@%%#@@%^$^@$!#@@#

Showing 91-102 of 102