ForumsSupport ForumTabs

17 3265
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

I just remember from awhile ago that someone suggested Tabs for profile, you know a tab for art, favorites, friends.
Why not try it in forum?
(very crude drawing btw)

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj146/grahaam/zforums.jpg
blue is what you've selected and text at top is the description of each forum. To deselect just click another one :P

just gettin another idea out..
since profile tabs got turned down i'm guessin this one will too :B

• 17 Replies
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I like the idea. I wish I knew code because I don't know if the work is worth the outcome. I like it either way :P

Nomad

DUDE! That would make it soooo much easier to navigate through everything. Great Idea.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

That's what i suggested but everyone said no!!WTF!!I love this idea!!!!!

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

great Idea actually! i would like it, it would make it easyer to go from here, to there.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

you know earlier i was thinkg of a next thread topic (like yours) arrow.good job!

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I will like this idea but how about scroll down bars?

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

what does juan mean,scroll down bars?

theone
theone
394 posts
Nomad

Very good idea.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

It would definitely be easier be navigate but it would be slower when you load the page (probably), but a great idea.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I will like this idea but how about scroll down bars?

Means that when you scroll over the link some links scroll down like in myspace.
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

So, on top of the tabs already running on someone's FireFox/Opera/Safari/IE, you would have a "sub"tab section (so-to-speak). That would make things mucky, that's for sure, but is it even codeable? If some other forum has done it, then surely I'll have more faith in the project :P

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

The code part is a problem.I agree and i think the layout for now is great.We still need to wait for the future AG.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

So, on top of the tabs already running on someone's FireFox/Opera/Safari/IE, you would have a "sub"tab section (so-to-speak). That would make things mucky, that's for sure, but is it even codeable? If some other forum has done it, then surely I'll have more faith in the project :P

That popped an idea into my head that will shoot down this idea :P

You can always have separate tabs on your browser for each forum, it wouldn't make much of a difference, but I know nobody likes to have all forums open at the same time if you don't even go to some. So I don't know...
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

The other problem I have with the idea is that... although the tabs would be personalized for AG, couldn't users just open up sections in their own browser anyway? Have a tabbed browsing thing going on, without all the muckiness and coding.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

The other problem I have with the idea is that... although the tabs would be personalized for AG, couldn't users just open up sections in their own browser anyway? Have a tabbed browsing thing going on, without all the muckiness and coding.

That's what I just said, and that's what I always do I have different tabs for the forums I usually go into.
Showing 1-15 of 17