159 posts
Nomad

I dont think thtas a good idea :I

• 28 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

At least now it puts a cap on how much people can spam. I think it is a great system. Cuts down on spam, so I like it!

Caution_im_playing
Caution_im_playing
119 posts
Nomad

You think we could change it to like 10 seconds or so?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

You think we could change it to like 10 seconds or so?

Well, technically, you should not be typing things in that fast. You should put sufficient thought and effort into your comments. If you are typing them in that fast, chances are, you are probably spamming.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

No i think we should keep it so AP can flow smoother and swifter.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Well, technically, you should not be typing things in that fast. You should put sufficient thought and effort into your comments. If you are typing them in that fast, chances are, you are probably spamming.

Ding, ding, ding. If it wasn't for that 30 second rule, then I certainly wouldn't be on the forums. It prevents spam, that's for sure. Besides, 30 seconds isn't a lot... if you're chatting with another user through the comments box, you should certainly exchange Messenger ID's, that way: a) there's no 30 second rule and b) you'll earn no AP, which is fair for everyone!
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Actually I commented and counted to 10 and then i was able to comment again.It really doesn't take that much time.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Actually I commented and counted to 10 and then i was able to comment again.It really doesn't take that much time.

It really is 30 seconds, I timed it. It just seems like 30 seconds is a very short.
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Ding, ding, ding. If it wasn't for that 30 second rule, then I certainly wouldn't be on the forums. It prevents spam, that's for sure. Besides, 30 seconds isn't a lot... if you're chatting with another user through the comments box, you should certainly exchange Messenger ID's, that way: a) there's no 30 second rule and b) you'll earn no AP, which is fair for everyone!

Yep yep. I don't know why everyone is so opposed to using AIM or something. It is the same thing as talking on walls... but you can spam in it all you want.
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Explain why you don't like it? You just wait 30 seconds. Get a youtube video on while waiting or something. Look for a alternative way instead of a direct way.

seize_the_element
seize_the_element
757 posts
Shepherd

I just don't like it when I post then I see another thread I want to post in but I have to wait. But it's a good way to prevent spam and AP

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I can usually type what I need to say in 30 seconds, so I'm alwasy bumping into the limit. 10 would be fine tough

sligh2
sligh2
3 posts
Nomad

i dont like the waiting time but it cuts down spam so it's good, maybe we can cut down the waiting time to maybe 15 seconds or so

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Explain why you don't like it? You just wait 30 seconds. Get a youtube video on while waiting or something. Look for a alternative way instead of a direct way.

That's exactly what i do and i never get bored!
BumplemuffinBaker
BumplemuffinBaker
331 posts
Nomad

It's a good way to prevent too much spam, and just like juan, I watch youtube while i'm waiting

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

Here is a molehill. Oh wait, did you make a mountain out of it? :P

I'm just teasing. I don't think it is that big of a deal to change. There is nothing you would benefit from if it was changed, so let's leave it for now.

Showing 1-15 of 28