159 posts
Nomad

I dont think thtas a good idea :I

• 28 Replies
thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

Yeah, all people would do is spam 24/7 and I bet that the site would dramatically slow down with all the people doindg rapid-comments.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Can you IMAGINE how SLOW the server would be if the 30 second rule was dead? Sometimes you guys leave the important parts out = (

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

the thing i hate about 30 secs is you post a comment then look at your other 20 and still have to wait then find out all are on so you never finish! oh and when i post a comment on the forum and then i see a good one then the stupid thing says wait 30 seconds..then i refresh constantly.

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

does any1 know which software i have to use to mske this without wait to comment next post

Don't try to bypass the rules >_>
----------------------------
But it does reduce spam which is really good for the site right now. besides, (i think this is ok to do) just refresh the page and you wont have to wait...
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

it does reduce spam

NOO.. No it doesn't; less time to make another comment would PROMOTE spam rather than reduce it. It would turn AG into Spam World (insert spam can here[you know the meat kind]) and actually make AG worse than KG.

If you have more to say than you're already saying, then wait 5 seconds and just type more into your comment you're about to send. We can't have a 100 foot wall of 1-word posts plaguing our site. I'll have to admit it does happen once in a while, but lowering the 30second rule will just create more of it. Trust me.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

No Way! AGs Rule is good! I often write a post, then realize that it's not ready (by that I mean it wasn't ready when I started typing) so I copy and paste it then refresh. It's not a big problem!
I totally agree with Shintetsu...

killingman
killingman
541 posts
Nomad

There should be a 30 seconds cause the spammers so when spammers know that they will probabley not play anymore.

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

NOO.. No it doesn't; less time to make another comment would PROMOTE spam rather than reduce it. It would turn AG into Spam World (insert spam can here[you know the meat kind]) and actually make AG worse than KG.

I meant that keeping the 30 second rule reduces spam...
champion10
champion10
518 posts
Shepherd

The 30 seconds should stay reduces the spamming of the site.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I often write a post, then realize that it's not ready (by that I mean it wasn't ready when I started typing) so I copy and paste it then refresh.

This is what you do if you happen to have a lot of info to show. If you post a little too early, just copy, refresh the page, and then post if its ready. There's no need for there to be a 20sec rule or a 15 sec rule. Just chill out Mr. 80 GWAM typer : )
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

The rule does annoy me greatly sometimes, mainly because I tend to write replies to people who post on my profile in a .txt document, then copy/paste it into comments on their profile... Does get slightly frustrating having to wait sometimes when I really just wanna get it over with.
But I like the rule, since it prevents hyper spamming. Shouldn't be taken out.
I'll just continue copy/paste/refreshing...

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I am going to be honest here. The rule is not going to be changed. It plays a very valuable role to help reduce the amount of spam that can go out on the site.

So unless anyone has anything pertinent to add, I will be locking this.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

The 30 seconds I beleive also prevented many "accidental" double posts. ArmorGames did not always have the 30 sec of not being able to post, and there were many people who would click &quotost your reply" twice before the page loads, posting the post twice.

I beleive that with the 30 seconds, the second click does not post again because your acount is still frozen from the first post (frozen for the 30 seconds).

So I beleive there are other reasons for having to wait as well as to prevent spam. I might be wrong though about the double posting but either way 30 seconds is not very long.

Showing 16-28 of 28