Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

Question About dealing With spammers

Posted Sep 30, '08 at 6:05pm

Boyinawell

Boyinawell

46 posts

Hi,

Though I've been playing on AG for sometime, i just recently signed up for an account and started reading the forums.  Already I've noticed your problems with spammers for the gain of AP.

I was just curious, if i see someone that spams a games comments, or their own message box, is there a way to "report" them?  or is the forum spam that's considered priority and the rest is just sorta left alone.

I cam across a user commenting on games with things like "fun game well i dunno havent played it just posting for points". Do i just flag them?

Let me know!
Boyinawell

Posted Sep 30, '08 at 6:36pm

juan999999

juan999999

2,502 posts

You can flag them.Yeah that is a good idea and also report it to a mod.

Let me give you a link

Estel is a great mod!

Posted Sep 30, '08 at 6:38pm

ShintetsuWA

ShintetsuWA

2,517 posts

Yeah, basically just flag them. It's over at the top right hand screen if you didn't know that already. I don't really know what goes on behind the scenes, but I do know that once you flag, the problem's taken care of : )

Or, if they don't know and you let them know that they are spamming they might back off, but thats a 15% chance : (

Posted Sep 30, '08 at 6:43pm

Boyinawell

Boyinawell

46 posts

thanks for the respones.  Yea it was pretty clear they knew they were spamming.  Time to flag me some posts! lol.  Thanks again :)

Posted Sep 30, '08 at 7:31pm

juan999999

juan999999

2,502 posts

Your welcome were here for you man!

Posted Sep 30, '08 at 8:24pm

ShintetsuWA

ShintetsuWA

2,517 posts

A fun thing to do, is when someone spams on your comments page, just delete their comments but don't flag or tell them = ) that way you are sending them an indirect message saying they are wasting their time.

Reply to Question About dealing With spammers

You must be logged in to post a reply!