Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

Question About dealing With spammers

Posted Sep 30, '08 at 6:05pm

Boyinawell

Boyinawell

49 posts

Hi,

Though I've been playing on AG for sometime, i just recently signed up for an account and started reading the forums. Already I've noticed your problems with spammers for the gain of AP.

I was just curious, if i see someone that spams a games comments, or their own message box, is there a way to "report" them? or is the forum spam that's considered priority and the rest is just sorta left alone.

I cam across a user commenting on games with things like "fun game well i dunno havent played it just posting for points". Do i just flag them?

Let me know!
Boyinawell

Posted Sep 30, '08 at 6:36pm

juan999999

juan999999

3,162 posts

You can flag them.Yeah that is a good idea and also report it to a mod.

Let me give you a link

Estel is a great mod!

Posted Sep 30, '08 at 6:38pm

ShintetsuWA

ShintetsuWA

3,305 posts

Yeah, basically just flag them. It's over at the top right hand screen if you didn't know that already. I don't really know what goes on behind the scenes, but I do know that once you flag, the problem's taken care of : )

Or, if they don't know and you let them know that they are spamming they might back off, but thats a 15% chance : (

Posted Sep 30, '08 at 6:43pm

Boyinawell

Boyinawell

49 posts

thanks for the respones. Yea it was pretty clear they knew they were spamming. Time to flag me some posts! lol. Thanks again

Posted Sep 30, '08 at 7:31pm

juan999999

juan999999

3,162 posts

Your welcome were here for you man!

Posted Sep 30, '08 at 8:24pm

ShintetsuWA

ShintetsuWA

3,305 posts

A fun thing to do, is when someone spams on your comments page, just delete their comments but don't flag or tell them = ) that way you are sending them an indirect message saying they are wasting their time.

Reply to Question About dealing With spammers

You must be logged in to post a reply!