8,052 posts
Nomad

Just another crazy oneo my ideas

might get a bit cluttered w/ this idea tho :\\

a side for stats check, friends (online and offline added), and games
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj146/grahaam/ablueside1.jpg

aannd a side for messanger w/ refresh button
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj146/grahaam/ablueside2.jpg

there is no real need for this you can just check your profile...but it's all about conveniency

• 16 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think it would be great but very disorganized.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Yeah, you can just check your profile. But what WOULD be awesome is to take everything out of the side filler and just have favorite games on there, so you can switch from community to your favorite games to play!

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

To be honest, it would not work. People are already complaining about the site running slow. With every page constantly having to pull all of that information, it would slow it down a lot more. That is why we do not have online/offline status on the short friend list on profile pages. It would slow it down enough that it would make the site run less than optimal speed.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

good thinking but people with smaller creens wont be happy.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

= / Any way possible to use a stronger server?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

= / Any way possible to use a stronger server?

They are always looking into ways to make the site run faster, but I am not sure how close they are to achieving an optimal speed.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Not every site runs on a server where you are interacting with people in a real time fashion,like an online game.The fact is AG may have LAN lines for the office,but I don't think they use a server for the actual website.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

This is what your profile for. There is also a good chance your info (on the sides) would not change. How about a new idea:

In the Gray box at the upper right it should show your AP because that always changes.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Not every site runs on a server where you are interacting with people in a real time fashion,like an online game.The fact is AG may have LAN lines for the office,but I don't think they use a server for the actual website.

How else would a site of this site function? A server would have to be a must for a website of this size.
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

wow,does everyones screen cut in hal like vertically and you can see blue edges?

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

You could zoom using ctrl+mouse wheel so you don't have any blue edges..

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

yeah but if i do the links will be like 2 inches off.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

That actually just zooms the page, not the background.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

yeah the whole thing zooms in..ooh and this stupid thing..

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Arrgh, you just messed up my page lol XD

Back to this, since a lot of counterexamples have been given, I don't think this will turn out to be a good idea, It was a great thought though, we have to give you that. = /

Showing 1-15 of 16