ForumsArt, Music, and Writingyour art styles?

7 2710
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

So what type of style do you use? I personally use rough sketch lines, no color, and smooth/hard skin. What do you use?

• 7 Replies
jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

hmm...i'd say pixel art and vector art are the two main ones i do... but i also enjoy making raster art and some sketching

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
585 posts
Nomad

Usually, my art work is just done in pencil. I just draw random lines and shapes and it looks pretty cool. The key to my art is combining straight and curved lines.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Ehgeh...
This is not a question I should answer!!!

Currently, I'm working with my tablet, doing all sorts of styles... I've also begun working with emotes and pixelart animation... I can imitate the Japanese drawing style (used in manga/anime), though I'm not so good at cell shading, and quite a few others... ... There's too much!

I work with pencil, pen, coloured pencils/water colour pencils, gel ink pens, water colour and acrylics sometimes, I've tried markers, water based ink painting, had a brief introduction to calligraphy, used to work with crayons, tried to figure out how to do chalk art... I, ehm... Anything I get my hands on, when I have time?

Currently I working on getting semirealism in my digital art, trying to get the shading to look better...

Too much information? I thought so. And I didn't even mention my style in other branches of art...
Oh look, a signature.
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Emote.gif

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

ihave no idea, i just draw with a pencil and use rulers to make straight lines and those things with shapes and sizes, i have no idea what that is called. At my gifted program i used that stuff to draw a new version calculator, it is really cool. I can't show you it until i get it back. I have to go to bed now.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Stuff I do:

* Pencil and pen sketch
* Digital, tends to have a cartoon/manga influence but not manga itself.
* Pixel art, for lulz.
* Frame-by-frame animations.

That's pretty general but gives you my biggest focus, since I'm interested in animation and the sequential art medium (i.e. cartoons) and I'm interested in them funny animal characters, that's what suits me best. Within these I play around with styles. I used to do charcoals but I don't have the time nor space, otherwise I would also be picking up acrylic, oil and watercolor paints.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

cool, I'd like to add that I do gumdrop and psychonisis (S-eye-con-uh-sis). Gumdrop takes an animal, turns it's main shape to a gumdrop, then add limbs and add ons. Psychonisis tends to just be dark and tries to creep you out.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

If you want creepy, you should play around with negative spacing!

Showing 1-7 of 7