ForumsSupport ForumMerit awards for contest creators

4 1800
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well I can't remember the last time I have made a suggestion,since I usually like the way the site is run,but I had a small easy to implement idea that would only require the cooperation of the mods,and Carlie.The idea was based off of the merits awarded for contests,and the idea for forum merits(get ____ amount of ____on a thread you created and you get a merit)Well I thought about it and thought that the creators don't really earn anything besides the right to judge a contest when they create them,and thought what if we integrated these two ideas together.My idea is if a contest is successfully run for at least 4 weeks(a month,and this can be changed to however much) and each week the contest has had at least 10 people compete in it(can also be adjusted)then they themselves can be evaluated and awarded a merit for all of their hard work in hosting that contest.The difference between this and the forum merits idea is that the creator/host has to both come up with the idea and stay fairly active in the thread.Also I believe that it could help motivate people to think creatively and come up with more new and interesting contests.Of course I don't know if everyone would agree with me,so I shall let you guys have a look at this idea and express your opinions on it.Also as a side note this would not really require any coding or implementation if the mods don't want to.All it would require is for the creator to be awarded the same way that winners of a contest are now.Also I am sorry if this has been suggested before,but I can't remember of a time in which it was.

• 4 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Mmm then someone could just make a contest and get a merit??Not a good idea.Everyone would then make contests every day and they would get merits.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

You do realize that they would have to create a contest and then run it for over a month.I thought this through enough to realize that someone would say that.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

But see it's like forcing people to do something they don't want to do. It's a false incentive. You don't want someone whose only interested in AP to be running a contest, you want someone truly dedicated to the contest who will be there for the contest and help, not just for the AP. Also this will cause a clutter of contests and bad ideas. We have tons of contests running right now, I think we will be ok.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Thne peopel would have a massive fail contests and have less thought about about making a contest and just jump to it.

Showing 1-4 of 4