ForumsSupport ForumOnline Offline suggestion

22 3935
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

So this idea was really put into motion by Zega in a way:

I sometimes want to change my armatar to the blank one, like when I'm away or not online.

Now this was like.. WOW, idea! Which was really just a continuation of I'm wanting to not have his armartar on when he isn't online. So I am thinking if the user is online his armartar is, his. But if he isn't then the Armartar would be the blank one! Or something along these lines, few other ways of doing this would be maybe just shrinking the armartar, change the hue, or do something to it that differs from the normal armartar, sortoff hinting to the onlookers that "Hey. This person is offline... *high five* ".
  • 22 Replies
razzmonk
razzmonk
496 posts
Nomad

Yeah those are good ideas or maybe it could say online or offline somewhere by the armartar.

lil_gangsta72
lil_gangsta72
375 posts
Nomad

hey man it turns out i just figured this out if the dot next to their profile name on your page is green your active and if its red your not active

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I don't think it's a good idea.Why blank when you have the red/green light!

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah or just leave a message in your about when you're gone?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

This would be more along the lines for in the forums. Not on your page. :/

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I would just like to add to this. What if you could change it back to the blank one whenever you want?

That was Zega's idea in the other thread..

And I seem to be getting an influx of people saying there is a button on the about page. I know this. But I don't care about that, I am browsing through the forums do I see the persons button? No. If you took out the button or did something with the armartars, then it would be universal and be able to check it from everywhere.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Dude we made athread about this too.Why don't you use that one?

lil_gangsta72
lil_gangsta72
375 posts
Nomad

yeah i agree with juan

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

For people that have the blanck one anyway it wouldnt help.

Yeah!What good could it make?
seize_the_element
seize_the_element
757 posts
Shepherd

This is nice and easy. No changes made.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Anyways on subject, It could be a good idea maybe make the black line on the outside of the armatar go white when someone is off line or something like that. Although this is not needed it could bge of some help, But confusion to newer members.

What do you mean?
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

That would be hard to see and how could that work?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Dude we made athread about this too.Why don't you use that one?

Can you back up your statement and provide a link? Thanks.

It baffles and angers me when I see comments like this and people agreeing because it completely misses the point. The point is that no one is looking at the about, or their personal page.
I would suggest grasping the concept before posting, but that seems to be an utter challenge for some. :/
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

You know. When I first came to AG I knew I needed to keep an open mind as AG's main demographic were children. I thought that it would be hard, mainly because my idea was that most of them would have the dumbest points of views and be so stubborn on stupid things that my brain would explode because of their stupidity... and I must admit some of them make me feel that way. But others make their own case, like FST... I almost find it hard to believe that I see someone who is supposedly 18 can be so blindly single minded and bring out the worst arguments of mankind, being a horrible role model for younger kids. Then I see a 13 year old FST actually giving constructive criticism, not exactly endorsing the idea but giving both sides and trying to expand on the idea.

It makes me feel ashamed to see people like Juan. lots of kids here take from other people. When someone doesn't read anything written, replies with ill-spoken garbage without one hint of thought and then blindly slams anything written because they have to keep to their point without admitting their wrong. You know younger kids feel the need to copy people, and it sickens me seeing this crap from you Juan, try acting more like an adult and not just blamming something without even a decent argument.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk295/CosmicCharlie123/untitled-10.jpg?t=1216287757

Showing 1-15 of 22