ForumsSupport ForumForum posts = 0 AP

8 1769
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Why not? If they were nothing, people that would spam, and make stupid topics would stay away. It would still be full of people looking for an interesting topic, or debate. Those that were in the forums for points, would go away and we would have a spam free community. Well slightly less spamed.

• 8 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

That's why we have a few with no AP.

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

well, this is an ok idea. but what about the people that dont spam, but still like to have AP for each post? =/

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

This is sooo gonna get locked... It's been brought up multiple times before. Personally I am very much against it, as the forums are my main source of AP now.
And people would still spam. Other forums with no point systems gets spammed too. It would not help significantly, and frankly I think the comment spam is much worse than the forum spam. Just look at the comments for any random game......

Anyways, I predict a locking.

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

true, you cant stop spamming completely, but it is worth it to try to get rid of as much as we can.

And yes, i know this is going to be locked.

seize_the_element
seize_the_element
757 posts
Shepherd

This is a good idea but what is flagging for?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Flagging is used to inform mods a bad comment or a spam message.

theone
theone
394 posts
Nomad

No don't do that this is were I get most of my AP.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Hm, I think the answer to this one is the same as the one that moe gave in the previous 0AP thread which was locked.

AP, as it stands, works now because it merely redirects where the spam happens to go. I quite like the forums relatively spam-free, even if this means some users stay on the messenger in order to gain points. That's if your focus is on gaining points which, for some people, it is.

Not like there's no incentive to gain points anyway, that in itself was supposed to help generate forum activity. Furthermore while I may end up locking a lot of these threads (like I'm about to do on this one), I don't even mind so many ideas about AP bouncing about. It's part of a natural order.

Showing 1-8 of 8