Forums

ForumsFlash Games

TD game idea

Posted Oct 4, '08 at 11:10am

kcaz

kcaz

54 posts

Hey there everyone, i have been playing a lot of TDs recently and I was thinking of a good idea for a new kind of TD.

First of all, you could choose to play as the attackers, or the defender, and you could also play multi-player. Now here you can add your own interesting original idea, but i was thinking for the defense, you would have something like 3 base towers which would determine some aspect of the tower (speed, damage, range etc.). Then you could add a middle part which would determine another aspect, and a top which would determine another aspect. At anytime you could upgrade any of those parts to be better at what they do (ex. a fast tower would be faster, a damaging tower would do more damage...).

The attacking side is where i don't have much of an idea. I've played anti-TD, but if anyone could come up with an original idea for the attackers that would be cool. I guess you could "design" the creeps like the defender "designed" the towers where you would have different parts that would determine if it could fly, how fast it would go, or how much health it had.

This is only a rough draft, but because i have no idea how to make a flash game, could someone who does and likes the idea give it a try?

Thanks for reading this, any comments or suggestions are appreciated

Posted Oct 6, '08 at 10:02pm

kcaz

kcaz

54 posts

no one.. come on, does any one have an ideas?

Posted Oct 6, '08 at 10:06pm

theone

theone

381 posts

Ya sounds good.

Posted Oct 7, '08 at 3:00pm

kcaz

kcaz

54 posts

yesss one :D

Posted Oct 8, '08 at 2:33pm

espadaxin2

espadaxin2

516 posts

yes =D

Posted Oct 8, '08 at 7:05pm

Adrokila

Adrokila

134 posts

great ideas kcaz, i'd love to see them in a TD game, especially the attacker and defender thing.

Posted Oct 11, '08 at 9:33pm

kcaz

kcaz

54 posts

yes, that was the main concept, the whole tower idea was kinda of side idea.

Does anyone have any idea how i could talk about this with someone who could make something like it, .or a sequel with the multiplayer idea?

I tryed game maker, although i do not know how to do the multiplayer thing with that

Posted Oct 12, '08 at 8:03am

dee4life

dee4life

354 posts

Some things Iv'e thought about about are powers where 2 or more turretts can link to form a barrier ( 1 either side of the track) and also, I don't know of any td games where you can actually get the turrets moving. How about a futuristic td where it's robots and the creeps are human ( think terminator) and some of the more powerful and advanced bots can move like a tank or mechanical legs even.....just an idea :)

Posted Oct 12, '08 at 8:05am

dee4life

dee4life

354 posts

Hey Kcaz, if you wanna talk to someone then I would just E-mail one of the game makers in AG and ask them or post another topic asking this question! :)

Posted Oct 12, '08 at 9:26am

Mastercrafter

Mastercrafter

2 posts

I dream of an TD that has following stats: Upgradable towers, that change a lil bit after upgrating (and i mean not only that thjey are bigeer or so.) Then There must be Science so that better towers not only costs a lot of more money but that the must be developmen be... or so. And to creeps: They should be lil more clever, so: A map should have more than one path, but only one spawn point and a finish point. The creeps sholuld at first randomly descide a path, but then , a higher creeps should take that path, where was lesser kills (that mean there should be a path-kill-counter) That mean some intelligent creeps :D Ya i know that sound crazy (i mean in each td creeps run stupid in their death :)) Also its good to make a campaign similar to GemCraft. Also a big World map and so one... But i would make it a lil bit other: i woulkd make some countries and in each county so 3-5 Missions.

Reply to TD game idea

You must be logged in to post a reply!