ForumsSupport ForumCan someone please tell me if this is worth a merit

21 4228
GJBottomley
GJBottomley
107 posts
Farmer

Graphics:I like the graphics the contrast from background and the people make the people stand out and the diffrent army units have a diffrent style of clothing which adds alittle extra to the game. 7/10

Controls:The controls are nice and simple to use i think there there shoud be a block button though maby (z). 9/10

Storyline:The storyline has been thought about well it is a strong story and very well written. 7/10

Sound:The sound go's very well whith the game i like the drum beat it makes you abit scard in a way its very spooky. 9/10
the game is: prince of war 2

Diffcuty:This game is fairly difficult but after 1 level you get the hang of it. Later on it gets very hard though. 8/10

overall:I really like this game, I really think you have made a good idea here but i think you could improve it by adding in a bow and a shiled and maby upgrade your units as the story go's on. 8/10

if you can can you help me iv bin trying to get a merit for a long time but i cant get one :/

• 21 Replies
seize_the_element
seize_the_element
757 posts
Shepherd

Not a bad attempt but each topic should be at least a couple sentences long.

rafael_marc22
rafael_marc22
204 posts
Nomad

If you want to earn merit. It should be long, correct spelling and grammar, about the game(it should not be far out of the topic) and rate it.

KHROME
KHROME
618 posts
Nomad

Well if it had some more facts then it probably would be considered a merit worth comment.

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

Well that depends, if the mods like it than apparently it is merit worthy. I have made at least 15 merit worthy comments and only got 8 merits.

juior
juior
294 posts
Nomad

Well it could be merit worthy but i don't think so

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Let's see, I think this will be a good example.

As for the original review: Fix up the grammar and spelling. We insist on this- a typo is okay but that people don't know how to write properly is frankly disturbing, so there's never a better time to learn than now!

Also, better to structure the review. Though it won't be needed in the comments box, what's with putting the game title in the middle of nowhere? I'd also like to see a general opening statement and a brief summary to conclude.

As for the content itself, it's a good start but a lot of the statements are unsupported. There can be a "good" story, but what about the story did you find good/strong? Do you mean it was coherent, or compelling, or clever?

Klaushouse said his reviews are generally 2-3 times longer and this is why- if you back up all your statements you'll find you end up saying more without even trying to.

In short- good start, but fix all the above :P

---

Now, some general reminders: yes, we can't guarantee if you write a good review we will merit it because sometimes we don't see it! Think about it this way- writing a good review increases your chance of being given a merit.

By policy if you ask us to give you a merit we can't give you one for that review, because this sends the wrong message. "Ask and it shall be given to you" doesn't work here because we'd get flooded with requests.

More recently you may find that it is very hard to get a merit. When there were fewer members, the mods gave merits to everybody who could string a sentence together and put thought into their comments. Now the site is more active, we are in fact demanding a much higher standard to encourage proper reviewing, and also since merited comments will serve as representative examples. Furthermore, those standards have become more consistent.

Showing 16-21 of 21