ForumsSupport ForumPolls-Why Not?

29 4469
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

I don't see a reason why there are no polls here. They are a cool feature, don't cause spam and don't take much code either. Obviously no AP would given for voting. I know this has been brought up before but without a forum search its kinda of hard to find the topic.

• 29 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

So you want us to poll about giving polls?? LOL ok uhm..

I don't really see much point (5 minutes of thinking). Like, once the polls are done (with whatever subject), what's next? What's after that?

MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

Good idea. They dont really do any harm, and they are really easy to enable on the ACP (Admin Control Panel). They would make alot of the vs (like the PS3 vs. XBOX 360 or whatever) threads easier. instead of getting rained on by comments, we could have a poll so we could see which answer is chosen the most. I think we should have them. =)

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

So you want us to poll about giving polls?? LOL ok uhm..

I don't really see much point (5 minutes of thinking). Like, once the polls are done (with whatever subject), what's next? What's after that?

My point is polls are helpful for seeing how many people are towards a certain answer, instead of bickering back and forth about whether this suggestion is good, we could just use a poll and people could explain their answers in their posts. Besides, there are practically no cons to using them,so why not?
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

One more thing, think about what pols would do. If your clever post a topic with a poll, that way people don't have the excuse to say something like"This idea is good", or "Agreed","Xbox is Better", shallow answer like that would be eliminated because the poll choice says just that. Sorry about the DP

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Actually I have a poll suggestion that has been talked to with the mods. I will actually talk to someone and see this through, they liked it and will hopefully come sometime. Be patient!

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Ah, thats good to know. Thanks for the info Klaus.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I'm all up for it, but I'm trying to find something out lol. Even if they vote an option the people are still going to spam replies. Spammers are going to find anything to get more ap.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Shintestu, I know that the idea is they won't have an excuse to spam so those comments could actually just be flagged since we already know their opinion.Only problem is the then polls would have to keep track of who voted what.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I think it's a good idea.

Polls are kinda fun.

I have actually made accounts on sites just so i can take there polls *starts to get really embarrassed*.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Yeah, this has been brought up before (by me) but this is a good idea.

Hungry4Pie
Hungry4Pie
24 posts
Nomad

Lol Zega. Anyway, this would be sick. POLLS FTW

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

its a good idea, but this site is made from scratch, so that would mean the designers would have to make the poll option from scratch.

Girl_Power2
Girl_Power2
126 posts
Nomad

Its a good idea I have to say and I curently have a poll running on my main profile please vote.

Coolrunner30
Coolrunner30
290 posts
Peasant

polls would be a good idea for the site

midget2
midget2
576 posts
Nomad

polls are on evereybody's profile right now, but i don't see why Armor can't have it's own polls-good idea

Showing 1-15 of 29