ForumsThe TavernSteam ID

10 6668
MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

What is this even i mean it's on my acount to put my Id for it but seriously what the flip is it?

• 10 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Have you ever heard about Google or Wikipedia?

A SteamID is a unique identifier used to identify a single account on the Steam platform. It is also used to refer to a Steam user's Steam Community profile page, but this article does not cover the latter usage.

Steam is a digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer and communications platform developed by Valve Corporation. It is used to distribute and manage (sometimes exclusively) a wide range of games and related media entirely over the internet, stretching from one-man independent efforts to some of the world's most popular games. Steam is set apart from its peers in terms of functionality primarily by its residency in the system tray, and the desktop tasks that the client software performs, which will be detailed in the article, to make use of that position.

Seriously, just search Wikipedia.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

there is already a thread that completely explains this... uh... I forget where it is... meh...

GutharNash
GutharNash
177 posts
Nomad

and Steam is actually a really great thing because there is hundreds of games on it!

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

i still have no freakin idea what it is also thank you your posts are most helpful.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Heres a simpler more vague explanation which may not be right.

Steam (not as in stuff from hot water) makes games and your Id is just like you account kind of.

hellian00
hellian00
874 posts
Nomad

Steam is the program designed by Valve Inc. to distribute, and run, all of their games. Many other PC games(primarily multiplayer ones) are steam-compatible. Steam ID's = Steam Profiles. You use them for multiplayer over Steam.

Venderman
Venderman
180 posts
Nomad

It's a program that allows you to buy games online, and play them as well. It also features a system to message friends and make clans.

paperxcrip
paperxcrip
141 posts
Nomad

I think I'm the least geeky person who knows what SteamID is.

blackrabbit
blackrabbit
252 posts
Nomad

steam is like AG but for real games and you join up to play multiplayer with people around the world. so your Id is like your user name

SomBoi
SomBoi
1 posts
Nomad

Guys why when I type my steam id I just get an error?
Here is steam id: STEAM_0535991172
Steam just can't find my profile, but that id was tested by 3 web id testers WTF

Showing 1-10 of 10