ForumsSupport ForumWhat happened?

17 2618
Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

Hey guys I had to start a new account after being not active for like 6 months because I had to reformat my pc, and lost my password.

Anyways, I noticed that there is no more referred link, any reason for that? I also can't find the user merit_recognition. I keep getting the 404 error, and yes I know what that means. Did Carlie kill that account, or were people spamming it or something?
I also noticed that you guys cleaned up the forums it was messy.

I haven't noticed anything else but I'm sure I will.

~Binary Illusion.

• 17 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

>_> I'm not entirely sure what was different as it was 5 months ago, because, the truth is, this is a 5 month account too XD. And from what the name suggests, I believe Carlie took out the account because it was an oncoming wave of reviews and comments requesting a merit? Or am I wrong?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

People were abusing the referral system by making fake accounts, and using them to get points. So they decided to axe it.

As far as Merit_Recognition, people were abusing that as well. People also kept getting upset when a moderator would go a day or so without checking it. As the group got more well known, people started abusing it more, and it was not a fair way to recognize each other.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

1) Some people noticed referrals didn't work an people were creating separate accounts for point so they went bye...

2) People cheated merit Recognition. People created separate accounts to award themselves.

3) Yes the forums are much better. Any more questions?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Carlie what was the Merit_Recognition thing and what did it do?

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

The Merit_Recognition was a way for more people to get merits. They would easily find merits if someone messenger them. But after all, Some we're just fakes and we're teaming for points and merits. So they axed the account.

Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

>.> Why do people have to ruin good things? I mean it was a good way to help the staff find merit worthy comments, but some people had to ruin it.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to make another topic with other questions on BBcode.

~BI

Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

Sorry for double posting. Just thought of this...and theres not edit button I still see.

Do you guys still award merits or is that killed too? I really hope not.

~BI

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Yes but they upped the standard and made it harder, check out the sticky.

Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

okay thanks plokkey... remember meh :? I'm one of AraxNisanu's friends. I was Snowman1474 but I forgot my pass >.>

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

No I don't remember you, but the name sounds familiar.

They added a member joined feature, closing comments feature, and they had a Last Active feature but they took that out....

Hmm let me remember what else they put in there.

Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

I was the "this user disabled comments" sign lol. Whats the member joined? and I'm betting the last active is the list at the bottom. But I think I remember that because I found Daniel in there once

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Whats the member joined?

On your profile it says when you joined.

and I'm betting the last active is the list at the bottom.

It showed when you last posted on your profile.
Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

oh Good thing I met you You know all of the updated stuff lol. I haven't been on for about 6 months. So some things have changed

Thanks again.

~BI

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Well your lucky I'm one of the people who have been here for more than 6 months. Nearly everyone has quit.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I'm here for you plokk! For 6 months I don't think so but I have been here a while! Oh man I HAVE been here for 6 months! Woot!

Showing 1-15 of 17