37 posts
Nomad

why did people take out the chat box?

• 8 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

truthfully questions like this is what the new comers forum is for,but the chat box was being abused and they got rid of it,and that's all you need to know.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

It was being abused... it also deprives the site of activity if everyone is chatting.

Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

There is another chat box on the blog for AG...or was it the wiki? I can't remember. But there is a link on my profile under useful links. No one is ever logged in though.
But yeah, there was massive spam and swearing all the time so it died out.

~BI

Lucky613
Lucky613
81 posts
Nomad

Yes But also the chat that ws here had the ability that u could block who u wanted so u dont see what they were saying wasnt that the point of the block button?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Though you did have the ability to block people, the language was way out of hand for a PG13 site. The chat was not really created by the AG team (they used a different site for the chat, hard to explain) and therefore had little control of what they could do.

killingman
killingman
541 posts
Nomad

It was getting abuse people saing things and doodles.

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

ok, sorry to say this but there has been dozens of this kind of thread so this will be locked
the problem was... problems
There were to many problems concerning with chat
So AG hopes to fix this and re add it to the community

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Yeah... it was just being abused...

However, there is an unofficial AG chat, I'm pretty sure you can find the link to it on Carlie's about.

PS: Choazmachine, you can't say that this will be locked... that is back-seat modding.

Showing 1-8 of 8