ForumsSupport ForumSpoilers

6 2009
Zerlock1124
Zerlock1124
93 posts
Nomad

I just ran into this problem. On the forums, it would be great, for the forums about video games, movies, TV, etc., that we have the option of putting in a spoiler button. The spoiler button would hide certain text to prevent spoilers, until someone clicks it, where they could view the text.

Example:

[SPOILER][open] <- click

[SPOLIER][close]
This is cool...

Again, great for movies, games, and TV forums to prevent seeing how they end. It's also great for walkthroughs to help break up long walkthroughs into sections.

Yay? Nay? Best idea ever? Stupidest idea ever?

• 6 Replies
Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

I have always liked spoilers, but you still have to load what is contained within those spoilers before the page is done loading even before you click in the spoiler.
And I like your idea of using them in the tut section. But I have a problem with that. I don't think many people would use that code because lets face it people are lazy >.>
I still think this is a great idea.

~BI

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

There is another thread around here like this already...

Zerlock1124
Zerlock1124
93 posts
Nomad

Yeah, i saw after i posted...

Binary_Illusion - Regardless of the fact people get lazy, at least it'll be there just in case someone wants to use it...

Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

agreed. I like to use them when there are big things like pictures, or videos that distort the forums/sites skin.
Anyways I say yes for the spoiler code.

~BI

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Wait... did you say... you want to use the spoiler code for pictures, or videos?

[quote=Binary_Illusion]I like to use them when there are big things like pictures, or videos that distort the forums/sites skin.[/quote]

Huh? Anyways spoiler codes are only for text. And if barely anyone is going to use the spoiler code... why implement it if you only have a few people using it.

superspud94
superspud94
35 posts
Nomad

I already started a thread like this yesterday, although my idea wasnt exactly the same. Anyway, i still agree with you on the idea.

Showing 1-6 of 6