ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPreview

3 2267
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Okay, so a started a story. I don;t have a title yet, though i was thinking Blood and Smoke. Its not bad actually, though i only have a first chapter. I'll post a preview here, and then provide a link later. enjoy. R&R please!!

Chapter 1
The wind was ominous, filled with dread. Steve Wilcox sensed it. Staring out his window, he knew something was coming. Something horrible. To anybody else, it would seem like just another day in the small town of Ramien. But not to Steve. Steve knew. Something was coming. It was warm in the small cottage, but he felt a chill run down his spine.
He wrinkled his nose at the pungent scent coming through the window. Blood. Blood and smoke. It was coming through the window, obviously from the wind. Steve licked his lips, tasting the coppery flavor of blood in his mouth. He spit into his hand, but there was no blood in his spit. His face began burning. Steve moved into the bedroom, the pain growing more intense, as if his face was melting off. He looked in the mirror. There was nothing. A premonition, he thought. He was sure now, something bad was coming. He walked back into his room and lay on his bed, sitting there for a minute before shutting the window, blocking out the stench that he could only smell. His premonition.
Something horrible is coming, he thought. Something worse than anything that Ramien has ever seen before. He shut his eyes and tried to sleep, knowing sleep wouldnât come to him. Not tonight.
Steve managed to catch a few hours of sleep before waking up at around 7:30. He looked in the mirror, at his unshaven and rugged face. Scars covered it, memories of his dark past. He tasted his lips again, but nothing. No taste of blood. All a dream? He thought. He stumbled into the kitchen, eyes still half shut, and opened the fridge to grab a glass of orange juice.
Raising the glass to his mouth, he spat the orange juice out. What the hell? He looked at the carton of juice and smelled the inside. It smelled like orange juicy. Ordinary orange juice. But he was sure that he had tasted blood. He took another sip. Blood.
This was not a dream.

More to come later.

• 3 Replies
dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

No, it was done in word.
uhh... the italics are used for thoughts.

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

Sorry, I meant to say orange JUICE. stupid MS word didn't pick it up :@

dirkpitt1
dirkpitt1
1,281 posts
Nomad

So anyway, im up to halfway through chapter 9. If anyone actually cares, then tell me.

Showing 1-3 of 3