ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWalking angles

3 2786
Midmenj
Midmenj
216 posts
Nomad

Hey i want to be a game designer/ animator when i go to college in a 2 years im a junior now in high school.

Can someone draw me a person (preferably stick figures) of walking and running up, down, left and right. It is so i can practice drawing them when i actually get Flash CS3 and can make decent sprites and not crappy ones.

It would be awesome if someone could do side angles too. like upper left and all that. I know its asking for a lot but I'm a noob and i need help with that stuff i tried once but i failed. here is my attempt.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h129/midmenj/newjohnsprites.jpg[/IMG]

its ok not great help would be appreciated thanks.

• 3 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

As other people have discovered this is pretty hard!

You know what you could do though- take a video of yourself walking across a floor in different ways, and study that. Nothing beats a bit of self-study.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Or, in lack of a video recording device, get someone else to walk around and look at them closely, trying to remember how the mechanics of walking works.
Also, I'm sure you could find some good tutorials on how to do walking animations somewhere on the internet.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I think there actually are a source-programme something somewhere. A pose-file and animation and the like. Like a puppeteer programme... I am sorry, but I cannot help more than that.
But using other people as a model is fun and makes it easy to learn.

Showing 1-3 of 3