ForumsSupport ForumI ranked up without getting points.

15 2175
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

The last time i was on AG, i was #93. That's what i was when i got off. Now, i got on again right now, and i am #90. Any explanation?Glitch?

And don't see people ahead off me got comments deleted, because i find it unlikely that the three people ahead of me all lost a bunch of points and enough so that i passed them.

• 15 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Actually, it's not that unlikely. Even though your pretty high in ranks, that is the most likely reason.
You know, it's not necessarily a LOT of points for you to pass them... The size of the gaps vary. But since your in the top hundred, maybe go take a look at the leaderboard and ask those you surpassed?

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

#90. Ricador 5,121
#91. juior 5,120
#92. Serenade_Shotgun 5,116
#93. chillskill 5,108

See, it's not that many points. A few posts deleted, and woopsie, your a higher rank than them.

Sorry about double posting.
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

around the ranings of 85-100.

Happens even more in the lower ranks.
But yes, just some five-ten comments/posts deleted, you drop in the ranks. It's close competition.
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Chances are people probably just deleted some comments from their walls or something, and it pushed you ahead by enough. Since the ranks are so close together right now, it really isn't that farfetched. So I wouldn't worry about it. Just enjoying your increased rank! =)

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I see myself getting into close to the top #100s by... around the middle of winter. But that's if I'm active enough XD. I only started posting forum posts a couple months ago and already I'm at 500+. And they all have been at least 2-3 sentences worth, unless if I'm quickly correcting somebody. But great work man!

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

@ShintetsuWA:
Me, I've been a member since 8/26/2008, this will be my 878 forum post... XD
And I really try my very best not to spam.
Though this is off topic and hence close to spam... Ignore me!
It's just me and Shintetsu who are slightly competitive atm.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I was since 5/29. The beginning was a slow time, then I saw how cool AG really was, then I started getting active. And I don't spam >X(

Back to the point, if you're really high up there, it gets tough to rank up and you're really close together. It's normal to rank up and down some.

killingman
killingman
541 posts
Nomad

mabe their accounts got banned or they lose some AP

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Ehm... killingman, I can recommend reading the posts in a thread before making a post yourself...

And what Shintetsu said. It's completely normal. Happens all the time in the top few hundred.

And I don't spam either!! I think. Depends on how strict a definition you use. For instance, this post could be called spam if you really wanted to.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Yea that happens all the time to me! Also you could have thought about it before you posted, the answer kinds seems obvious O.O

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Let's stick to the topic.Yeah like Carlie id earlier,the other users may have lost some AP which game you the chance to move up.They got AP taken away for spam or for flaming.You know what i mean?

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Guys, READ other peoples' posts before you post!

Look at how close they were when he posted the question:
#90. Ricador 5,121
#91. juior 5,120
#93. chillskill 5,108
So yes... I think this got answered pretty thoroughly on the first page, please read that before you post.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Guys, READ other peoples' posts before you post!
Look at how close they were when he posted the question:
#90. Ricador 5,121
#91. juior 5,120
#93. chillskill 5,108
So yes... I think this got answered pretty thoroughly on the first page, please read that before you post.

that doesnt really do with anything..if the answer was truly answered this would be a locked topic..and an OMN is an over night merit..i love em.
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

@theone99:
Well yeah, I'm just a little annoyed with people who are repeating the ones before, because they don't bother reading them... It's not so bad in this thread as in others, but still.

Anyway, if someone thinks it's because of something other than an over-night-merit or deletion of the others' posts, they can post about that... Otherwise this is answered, is it not?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Indeed, it has been answered. Time to lock!

Showing 1-15 of 15