ForumsSupport Forum*STICKY* Have a suggestion or question? Please read here first!

187 40250
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I have gathered a list of popular site suggestions and questions. This is to help reduce the influx of the same suggestions being made. If you would please browse through this before starting a topic on a new suggestion or question. You can also press ctrl + F to use the search function to find a specific question or suggestion. Thank you!

Popular site suggestions:
1. Post editing -- the ability to go back and adjust a post after you have posted it. I think 1 chance to edit is enough. Then after the editing an automatic note is put in the post reading: [Member name] edited this post on date and time.
2. Private messaging -- like on-site e-mail
3. Who's online -- this could be placed on the bottom of the homepage and it simply displays who is online at the time and how many guests, even.
4. More "Armatars" -- this is a dual suggestion. People either want more choices or a choice to upload their own custom avatar. I think that with the proper guidelines this could work.
5. Upgraded User Interface -- this would include viewing all your own posts, adjusting your time zone, creating forum signatures, view games you've already rated, choosing a site skin color, adjusting number of posts viewed on a page, and an in depth about section (favorite movies, music, games, etc).
6. Chatrooms -- As they are suggested quite frequently, I propose that they are not a good idea because it would increase spam. Chatrooms are difficult to monitor. The forums allow for better responses.
7. Member search
8. Number of games played displayed on profile
9. Notifications -- a notification (through the future-existent PM system) of friend requests, merits received, and post/comment deletion.
10. Forum link to take you to the first unread post in a topic
11. New forum section for forum games only
12. Sticky topics
13. Add emotes to the forums. For example, would turn into an actually smiley face.
14. The ability to ignore a member.
15. More options for view games. For example, if you would like to view all games and then sort them into highest rated, etc.
16. Flash Videos -- many people have requested the ability to upload flash vids.

This is a list of the questions that are asked over and over again:

1. What is considered spam and how do I report it?
Posting for the sake of forum post count... your posts will be removed if we see you posting multiple 5-7 word posts just for points. To report spam, simply click on the red flag in the upper right corner of the post.

2. What is a referral?
By referring friends, neighbors, or others to the site, you earn points! Referrals can be acquired by visiting either the Link-to-us page or by copying and pasting the link given in your profile control panel. Referral points are only rewarded after the user clicks the link and signs up for an account. Any abuse found in creating multiple accounts to earn points will result in a ban from the website.

3. What is a merit?
Merits are earned by writing constructive, thoughtful comments in the Games section. We reward those who take the time to think out a good comment, as it contributes a lot to the website and sets a good example for others. The post does not have to be a book in length, but should be interesting enough to grab our attention. Proper grammar and spelling also helps. For each merit you receive, you will earn 25 AP and your post will stand out. Only moderators and administrators give out merits. You can help us choose who gets the merits by hitting the "up-vote" arrow next to comments on the game pages.

4. What are the rank guidelines?
As you earn points, you will rise through the Ranks. The ranks you achieve appear in your user profile, and will show your commitment and time to the Armor Games website! Each Rank has a different point value, and here are the current baseline rank levels (1/16/07):

Wood Serf: 10 AP
Silver Serf: 25 AP
Gold Serf: 100 AP

Wood Squire: 225 AP
Silver Squire: 400 AP
Gold Squire: 625 AP

Wood Knight: 1200 AP
Silver Knight: 1750 AP
Gold Knight: 2250 AP

Wood Lord/Lady: 3000 AP
Silver Lord/Lady: 3500 AP
Gold Lord/Lady: 4000 AP

Wood Duke/Duchess: 4500 AP
Silver Duke/Duchess: 5200 AP
Gold Duke/Duchess: 6000 AP

Wood Prince/Princess: 7250 AP
Silver Prince/Princess: 8500 AP
Gold Prince/Princess: 10000 AP

Wood King/Queen: 12000 AP
Silver King/Queen: 14500 AP
Gold King/Queen: 17500 AP

5.How do I submit a game?
We would love to host your games! Just make sure that you are uploading a game that you worked on. We will review your game and make sure it is acceptable for Armor Games. This process may take up to 3-4 business days. You can submit via the Submit form. Games can be of all shapes and sizes, and we would love to see what you are doing! If you want a game that you saw somewhere else on a different website contact the creator of that game and ask them to submit it to the site. You can also use the contact page to request a game to be added.

6. Why can't I see any of the games?
To run the games, you must have the Flash Player plugin. If you do not have this plugin, or a game is not appearing correctly, you should install the Flash Plugin, available here. If you Flash plugin is current and the games are still not working, make sure you do not have a firewall or spyware programming blocking the site. Also try using another browser such as Firefox, Safari, or IE. Resetting the cache on your browser has also known to work. If this doesn't help then make a topic to get further assistance.

7. How do I become a moderator?
If you would like to become a moderator, you first need to show that you are responsible on the site; show a good posting record and maturity and you may be granted these exclusive rights! We will usually hand pick moderators, but if you feel you have what it take, contact us on the Contact page... we are really, really picky though! It is best to not make a topic about becoming a moderator. Remember that with these exclusive rights comes responsibility. It isn't all fun and games.

Sources: Rules & Guidelines and John's FAQ/Help page

• 187 Replies
SwitchFoot
SwitchFoot
43 posts
Shepherd

lol wow toddler got schooled! ya why post that in front of a moderator! is he a noob!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Paba, I'll never get tired of questions or helping people. I've got one undergrad degree in Psychology, I bartend (which is like being a therapist) and I am always happy to help people here. I think it's just my nature.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Heh, that does work out. But you are quite a mix. A woman bartender who knows the inner workings of a persons mind? All I can picture is a man sitting at a bar, drinking a whiskey sour telling you about their troubled childhood and their mother.

All we need in these forums to resolve a lot of problems is an open e-bar with Asherlee behind it.

Paba16
Paba16
234 posts
Nomad

Yeah that would solve most of my problems......man i need to get a life or a faster computer one of the two they both cost about the same

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Just getting it back up...because people are being silly and not reading this first.

DarkSoul
DarkSoul
211 posts
Nomad

2 long didnt read it all but with what i read i think ur right

DarkSoul
DarkSoul
211 posts
Nomad

and OMG asherlee u treated gamerboy like a little kid u said its a very wrong place to ask such a question that sounded like a mom diciplining a little kid 2 me

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Wow, thanks for pointing that out! I could not of said it any better or with much better grammar and spellling!

Oh, wait. I already did.

Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of Devoidless are not necessarily the opinions of Armorgames.com, its staff or affiliates.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

That reminded me!

People could have signatures for their posts. But, you know, limit them a little. Only so many words, or a picture of limited dimensions.

But that would only work out well enough if you could change the font size, so the signature is not crazy large.

Another one! Font size changes.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

I am going to get this back up at top. Because I am awesome and 3l337.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Haha 3l337...

mrtim, I agree. There needs to much many more options when posting. I like how the invisionfree.com forums are set up.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Well, they are great forums. I like how you can upload emotes and customize what you post.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

How about adding a General Disscusion forum? I used to think "The Tavern" was made for that but its just forums games, so how about a GD forum?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Yea in those suggestions, I proposed a forum games area. Either way we need a general discussion without all those damn games.

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

Am I the only one who thinks this thread should be locked and THEN stickied? There's no real reason to keep it open when you can just make a new thread. Besides, it's a spam bomb waiting to happen.

Then again, that's just my opinion.

Showing 31-45 of 187