ForumsWEPRBiggest fears

47 11531
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

I know this may be kind of out of place, but I figure that if we can discuss the shelf life of a processed snack food after an atomic blast then this fits in well.

We all have atleast one deep rooted fear, and it comes from somewhere. Some we are born with, others are gained as we grow older.
For me, this is actually kinda difficult to just put out there. Yet the way I see it, if I put myself out on a limb then others may be willing to share.
Not only am I going to give what my deepest, darkest fears are...but what I think they rooted from. Or if I have no explanation, then I will just explain it. I have some basic fears that many people have, but they manifest in very odd ways. So here goes.

Heights: A lot of people ha this fear, I know. But my fear of heights only come out when I am high up in an open enviroment. Like a merry-go-round or ski lift. People were not meant to be that high above ground in such an open space. It is just wrong. Now, an airplane or the such I can handle. Even a zip line. Or sky diving. Noe, I know sky diving is the ultimate open eviroment, but atleast you go up in a plane. And if I happen to die, then it will be one helluva death.

The dark: Yeah, yeah. Only little kids and meek women are afraid of the dark. But my fear is only limited to one place: My own bedroom. I am more comfortable wandering the forests or a city street at midnight. All I can figure is that I feel very vulnerable in my own sactum, the one place I really let my guard down. For me, my bed room is a place for rest, relaxation and love making. So what would be worse than getting stabbed by a raccoon in your bedroom? Yes, a raccoon. Vicious rodents. They even have little bandit masks. All the better to hide in your dresser with.

Deep bodies of water: But only for swimming. Get me in a boat of any kind and I am fine. I am not afraid of sharks as much as I am just getting lost and dieing out in the middle of an ocean. Or some krakken eating me. You know those old skool maps that say "Here be monsters" miles past shores? They had a reason for that.

Umm...that is all I think.

• 47 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I actually have a couple of fears one of which is one giant bleepity bleeping giant calvacade of fears as well. That HUGE subjective fear is. . .

sadly enough, my own mind-Alot of the time I think some really creepy/disturbing things. I am not sure why but I do and every now and again I get a dream ahen everwone is dead and not phased by it.

2) Deep water-one of the most common, but I think one of the most likely to be afraid of on all means. For one, Most of the world is explored EXCEPT for the ocean, so how can we say what in the stinking world is in it?! and lakes, they just creep me out.

3) not a very BIG fear but they still creep me out. . .mirrors I am not looking at. I have good periferal vision and often times I see an expression on the mirror that I am not making. Perhaps I am mistaking or possibly, but not probably true.

4) The big one- the dark. As the founder of the forum said, I actually feel safer outside than in, I am a very tactical person and when I am in my own room I would rather be able to get out faster and more efficient than to have a locked entry, because the entry is not impenetrable. I mostly like the house to have 1 person in each room as odd as that seems.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

My biggest fear is pain. Pain is that which consumes all, blocks out all feeling, destroys all thought, forces away all else except for the pain. I don't mean "Oh, I cut my finger" pain. I mean the excruciating pain of a major injury. Like the time I stuck a rusty rake under my toenail. That was real pain.

Aside from that, I'm deathly afraid of heights and anything with a stinger.

ericrwalk90
ericrwalk90
7 posts
Nomad

I am currently stationed in Iraq, so I would have to say my two biggest fears are not returning home to my wife and family, and having my time spent over here not mean anything.

fight
fight
23 posts
Nomad

Drowing and huge bugs.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

I have many fears including heights. Another big one is tornadoes. There was a tornado about 8 years ago that hit Oklahoma City. This tornado was so strong that it broke the scale. I'm talking about the largest tornado to be recorded. I lived a mile a away from it's destruction. My house got beat pretty bad, but my family was okay. What makes this one of my biggest fears is because I almost lost my best friend. His house was completely destroyed, but luckily, he went to a shelter for protection. I am grateful that he is alive today.

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

i would love o be isolated and alone so thats not a fear rather that a goal im afarid of needles just hte mere thought of the thin strip of medal pericing my flesh scares me is any body has any tips please post any tips you have directly upon my account please

WizardInBlack
WizardInBlack
486 posts
Nomad

For some reason, I'm extremely frightened with water. Even when I was younger, I'd want to do nothing else but swim. But for some reason it just scares the hell out of me, I just can't stand the feeling of being underwater. And bugs... I HATE bugs..

knightkalp
knightkalp
51 posts
Nomad

ill say my biggests fears r hights:i cant stand being high up even when i was young i would not get on some1s shoulders i h8 hights

saltwater:i dont know y but i will swim in any water but no salt water i think it has 2 do with when i was young i was on my boogey board i went under water and couldent get out 4 like 5secs

also i h8 anything with more than 2 eyes i think its because they c from all directions so u cant run from them

weave
weave
99 posts
Nomad

my biggest fear is heights. iv been scared of them since i was littlei hate riding planes and i hate going really high up to places. but the weird thing is that i love roller coasters especially the 1s that have alot of flips and that go really high up. lol i no im a freak. lol

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Ya u r! lol We went to KingsDominion this one time and we went up the Eifel Tower. Weave was hanging on tho the center for his life!

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

OMG scary. that would be a bit less scary than having a locker room homosexual. No offense to any out there but that's scary to me (no I don't have 1 or know of 1)

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

Having had to face and live through my worst fear, I can state that I really don't have any these days. I am a changed man. It's somewhat odd.

Girl_Power
Girl_Power
379 posts
Peasant

My biggest fear is height on rollercoasters if I go down a drop 10 foot I would scream so I guess I hate heights.

netrino
netrino
83 posts
Jester

my biggest fear is not to have electricity so i wont have any pc to play......
(i have bout a huge UPS that holds 10hours)

greg_greg
greg_greg
440 posts
Peasant

SPIDERS no doubt about it

Showing 31-45 of 47