ForumsGamesIf Pokemon actually existed...

495 87903
Gregbyte
Gregbyte
1,053 posts
Nomad

I know the cartoon of Pokemon is pretty bad but the games are great but you have to admit, a world where Pokemon existed would be pretty cool. Comments people? I'm not saying it should be like that, just that it'd be cool if it were. Also, feel free to talk about the games and asking for trades here.

• 495 Replies
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

I have thought of this, and honestly it'd be cool, as long as it was like a 'realistic' type of thing, not the way it is in the shows.

Although that'd be just ANOTHER weapon for our wars, I can see it now, an army of...Squirtle of Japan, fighting in a bloody, wet struggle against fiery super-trained Charzard of Russia(i don't know, just thinking).

Pretty awkward o_o

Mr_Wizzle
Mr_Wizzle
37 posts
Nomad

I think it would be great, i mean, i know i would have tons of fun with it, but i do see how they could be used as weapons and that could be bad, really bad, considering there are some mega powerful pokemon out there

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I'LL STILL KICK YO BUT IN INDIGO ANYDAY!
I got my Growlithe levled up from 25 to 47 in six hours. BEAT THAT! My puppy of awesome!
But hey, if any of you guys in this thread is on Pokemon Indigo, add me as a friend (Zophia on there too).

Hmm... Pokemons used for war. I'm not sure about the scenarios where it's just the creatures sent out to fightagaindt each other instead of human soldiers, I think they'd rebel if we tried to use them like that.
But each individual soldier having one or two pokemons to aid him in the field, that -i could imagine...
Would hope for more co-existance, though. With animals that are able to communicate like that, maybe humans would be les likely to fight on that scale.
Pr maybe the legendaries would do something about the wars, because they are a disturbance of world peace.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Obviously they would be like everyday pets now... Some would be house pets, some would be used for hunting...err, other pokemon... And we would also have tournaments for battling your pokemon..

The ONLY thing I'm against is paying people for kicking your butt with their pokemon. I feel bad for taking $50 from the first kid you fight...

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Yeah that's true, 50 bucks is alot...although it's usually a lot more in the games(like 200 something!), especially if they're new and there is that stupid rule 'two trainers eyes lock then they have to battle', although I wouldn't loose much money.

I stare at the ground 70% of the day.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I stare at the ground 70% of the day.

I would too if it meant losing money because you lost >_> you should only get money by winning in a tournament from many viewers and fighters paying money for tickets.
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Heh god bless that never happen with pets now. Would turn physcopatic if I heard a "CHARMANDER!!!!" every single day

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Would turn physcopatic if I heard a "CHARMANDER!!!!" every single day

This would be me kneeling on the ground and crying because he lost for the 30th time and I'm $5000 in debt. If you think about it, pokemon would be the exact equivalent of a credit card if you use it wrongly...
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Heh, guys... I think that money thing is just in the games because they need some way of giving you money to buy stuff... In the anime, it's not an automatic thing to get money because you win... Sure, you can bet and gamble and duel for money, but there's no way it would be a rule if pokemon were real in this world...

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

But the games are so much more interesting, and the show is weird in real life(what we're talking about), we wouldn't have this weird duo with crazy hair harassing 10 year old kids, they'd get arrested on the spot if they tried to do that in 'our world'.
*Italics above because it sounds nerdy =D*
And for those who wouldn't know(get outta here! XD) I'm talking about Team Rocket, I can't remember their names I know they start with 'J's though.
Also just for a note I doubt people would actually travel the world with their pokemon, our continents are a lot bigger than their island thingies, people would die of heat stroke trying to cross the desert on foot trying to 'get to the next gym', or whatever our world would have. Plus there's the whole country thing, bunch o' border issues on traveling 10 year olds....

Harassment. TO THE EXTREME!!!
Sorry, just had to put that there for some reason, a long-lost urge of psychotic school-bus shouting...and tissue paper.

ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

omg, that would be so cool, all of the pokemons would be in a rampage if they were real

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Hah, I agree with some of your arguments, RaptorExx. Personally I don't there would be nearly as much traveling as there is in the series. And hopefully not as much collecting as in the games.
But it could be cool. It could be really beautiful.
Anyway, yeah, people like Jessie and James and the whole Team Rocket organization - well actually they'd just be just as wanted by the police as they are in the anime. >.>
The depth people, think about the depth...

omg, that would be so cool, all of the pokemons would be in a rampage if they were real
Looks like you find that a good thing, but would you care to share your reasons for thinking that?
BestCharmie
BestCharmie
11 posts
Nomad

Well, if it existed it ROCKS. And I would have a pigeot for a pokemon or charizard or fearow

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

*look at all the posts*

Two things. Pokemon have been used for war, but side by side with human soldiers. It was their war just as much as ours. Ho-oh tried to stop them, but only the sacrifice of a hero stopped the war. (8th movie)

And Team Rocket is a nasty organization. I can point out some fanfiction to an example, but I would rather not.

Death_bringer
Death_bringer
580 posts
Nomad

O_O if they did that would be awesome!!

Showing 226-240 of 495