ForumsProgramming ForumAre there any other ways?

11 4171
dragonman4994
dragonman4994
81 posts
Nomad

Hello, i was wondering if there were any other ways i could make games. I am too cheap to buy adobe flash for $700. I was wondering if there was any free software out there to make games with. Thank you.

• 11 Replies
dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

The student version of flash can be bought for around $200. If you don't want to pay anything, Gamemaker or C++ is the best way to go.

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

If you want to make games like the ones in Armor Games, Flash is the only way. You can always get a trial (or illegal) version to check if you actually want to follow this career

But once you've decided you want to make money out of it, you have to spend those $700. If you don't want to make money but still wants the legal way after you 30 day trial, you can buy the students version, which is $400 from what I heard here, and can't be used if you're going to make money

There are other softwares, like Multimedia Fusion 2 ( www.clickteam.com ) and Game Maker ( www.yoyogames.com ) and you can see the kind of game they make on these websites

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

The student version of flash can be bought for around $200

Really? Even cheaper than I thought
OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

What's the difference between the student version and the 700$ one?

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

What's the difference between the student version and the 700$ one?

The difference is that with the student one, you won't get a sponshirship. Also, The $700.00 one is "Better".
GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,361 posts
Nomad

Where do you get software like that? Walmart?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Nope, you can purchase it online.

dragonman4994
dragonman4994
81 posts
Nomad

[/quote]If you don't want to pay anything, Gamemaker or C++ is the best way to go.[quote]

can either of these be used to post games on AG?

dragonman4994
dragonman4994
81 posts
Nomad

whoops put the quotes in the wrong places.

Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

"Where do you get software like that? Walmart?" sorry but lol. No the most popular is Adobe Flash CS3. It's made by Adobe INC. It costs around 700 like the others have said, but there are other illegal ways of obtaining software like that. I wouldn't suggest this though.

And flash isn't the only language you can makes games in. you can use Flash(which uses action script), Java(not Java script...they're different), C++ use DEV C++ its a nice free IDE.

There are also programs with pre-made characters, and landscapes like game maker programs that do the coding for you. I don't feel like looking though so just search Google.

Hope this helps some.

~BI

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

I guess they only acept Flash games

Showing 1-11 of 11