ForumsSupport ForumBan Meter

8 2089
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

What if we had a ban meter?
Certain things accumulate your ban meter and once you reach red you get banned.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r471/JuanAmaro56/Untitled.jpg?t=1223782399

Lets say...Cussing!
Cuss sing:1 bar.
Spamming continuously:2 bars
Plagiarism:1 Bar
You get the point.

• 8 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Compare this thread from Aug 3, 2008.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

And you expect me to look into that far.
Also i provided and example to make it more clear

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

No. I expect you to look at results of the discussion.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Gantic is right. This has been brought up before, and there are a few key reasons that we have chosen not to implement something like this. One of them is that we are not a fan of public humiliation. Sure, it might help keep people in line. But it is also embarrassing when you have a big thing on your profile stating that you are on a sort of probation. This is one of the reasons why you cannot directly view on someone profile when they have been temporarily banned.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

This puts more work on the mods. We already have alot of crap to go through and such, so we can't go around changing bars.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

How can it be humiliating.Can you like make it only visible for you and the mods?

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Well, we already communicate, so we already know who is banned or not.

And being banned is bad enough. No need to show it to the rest of the site.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

How can it be humiliating.Can you like make it only visible for you and the mods?

It just basically puts a big spam sticker on someone's profile. How would you feel if you had a couple bars on your account? I am sure you would find it embarrassing. We would rather deal with these issues more privately.

But since this is a repeat suggestion, and the original thread is still open, this thread is now superfluous. So if you have anything to add, please add it to the original. But I do not think this is something that we will be implementing. If it was, it would be something that would not be visible to the public, so it does not make sense to discuss it here anyways.
Showing 1-8 of 8