ForumsSupport ForumName Changing

41 6844
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Before you say "this has been asked before" or anything why don't we do this.

Put out name in real life or maybe not but make a name and after that yo can't change it.

The thing you can change is your nickname.
Mods will identify you by your name not by your nickname.

Do you agree?

• 41 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

That way anyone can change their name but if they do something bad they will still be discovered.

iGenesis
iGenesis
37 posts
Nomad

It is a nice idea but in my opinion it'll be just too confusing.. (I remamber the nick name and not the name)

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

You don't have to remember the name unless you want to call them by their real name

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

There is a such thing as a user name, and a nickname at the same time. We can change our nickname, but our username has to be the same, and the username is what we put into the URL for locating profiles. The nickname would show up right by our armatars, as it is now.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Exactly!!
The User name will never be able to be changed but the nickname will.That way mods could keep up with the spam and keep everything organized while more people are happy.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

What to do with confusion though.... I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have the Username in italics or something below the nickname, I mean I'm looking at the space, it has enough room... Then the username info and nickname would be put on the profile by default.

Again, the username is what you put into the URL so you can check the profile. As for me, I wouldn't change mine, mine is just so cool, y'know? But as for others it wouldn't hurt I guess.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

So you say it should be bold or italic to prevent confusion?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

So are you telling us that your nickname is your name everyone else calls you, but your username is your real name?

Wait, what?
That made no sense at all.
Elaborate, please.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

No look...

The nickname(Name shown in profile)can be changed whenever.
Your name can't be changed that way mods wont get mixed up.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Or people can just choose a member name when they first sign up that they won't complain about later...

The nickname idea is better than being able to change your original member name, but I still think it would be confusing. And what is the point? People would be constantly changing it, and you wouldn't be able to recognize who was posting what.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

I think thathen you reach a certain amount of ap you could have the choice to change or keep your username without spending ap or anything.

Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

I have to agree with Carlie "People would be constantly changing it, and you wouldn't be able to recognize who was posting what."

Like in your friends list... the name would change and you would have to ask them who they are and find out it's your friend. Or the top listers would change their names and that would be confusing too. Names would keep being changed and no one would know no one unless they click on their name to go to their profile.

Thats what I think.

~BI

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Back, to explain things a little more:

Username can't be changed, nickname can't. When posting your nickname would be shown like how it is now. Your USERNAME, however, would be shown below the nickname in italics or something. This would be shown in your about page by default. When you want to look at someone's profile, you need to type in the username, not the nickname. When posting comments, again, the nickname would be under the username in a different form.

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

theres really no point in this, if u want a nickname changed then jsut tell the people u talk to that its different

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

You know how they say, life goes on? Well, people chose their username and they shouldn't be able to change it. You aren't allowed anywhere else, so they should just live with it.

Showing 1-15 of 41